Scott Clark Woolley- Have You Purchased From Him?

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 6:26pm by cs_confections

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone!

I have heard people say such nice things about Scott Clark Woolley and I want to order some of his products, but his method of selling from his website makes me nervous.

He states that he'll send you the product before he receives payment (in form of a check) because he uses the honor system.

Has anyone purchased from Scott? How was your experience with him?

If he truly trusts people to this extent``~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````````````````, then he is an extraordinary person.

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 7

He does trust everyone, often, people get screwed that way. When I bought a couple of things from him, I send the order with the check. I got the stuff within days, but I'm relatively close to NYC.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 7

Hi there Dougnut,

I order often from Scott. He truly is an extrodinary person. Very trusting, a great guy and ships items on the honor system. I try to send out payment the very day I place my order and I usually get my shipment before my check is even cashed.

His items are good quality and he is a great businessman. I highly recommend him icon_smile.gif

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 7

I have placed several orders with him. You get what he promises. I live in NJ so got the items next day!!! He also was kind enough to give me advise on how to use some of the cutters. I make sure to mail the check as soon as I place the order.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 7

Hi Doughnut,

I have one of his books but none of his videos because they seem so expensive to me.

I have all of Nicholas Lodge's dvd's because they are so inexpensive and his teaching style is sooooo easy to follow. Check him out, he is totally awesome!
thumbs_up.gif
Carol

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

Hi Doughnut,

I have one of his books but none of his videos because they seem so expensive to me.

I have all of Nicholas Lodge's dvd's because they are so inexpensive and his teaching style is sooooo easy to follow. Check him out, he is totally awesome!
thumbs_up.gif
Carol

I have to agree: his DVDs are high-priced, but his items are not. I don't own any of his DVDs but I do use his silicon molds, veiners & cutters. Great quality and pricing.

I use Nicholas Lodge and Leslie Herbert's gumpaste books. Also Scott's gumpaste book is very good!

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 7

I purchased a few tools from him and received them within 3 days. He kept great communication by email and was true to his word. The mat, roller and mold I ordered were all great quality and I use them often. I would definitely recommend his site and I would also purchase from him again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%