Looking For Lemon Curd Filling

Baking By nancysmom Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm by Peridot

nancysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancysmom Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

Please help newbie. I am looking for a lemon curd filling recipe.

7 replies
tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 8

I have one that I got off this site...SorryI honestly don't know who posted it BUT IT"S GREAT!!!!

5 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup butter

Combine egg yolks and sugar and Lemon juice in a metal bowl mix till smooth
Put 1 inch of water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil reduce the heatto medium and put the metal bowl with the egg mixture on top. ( the water should not be touching the bowl) Cook for 8-10 minutes untill thickened..If you like it thicker add 1 TB of cornstarch..I do but I like my filling thick.
remove from the heat and add Butter 2 TB at a time mixing after each addition and be sure the butter if thourghly melted before adding the next. Cool and refridgerate. I will add that this is my now MOST requested filling!!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

I have one that I got off this site...SorryI honestly don't know who posted it BUT IT"S GREAT!!!!

5 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup butter

Combine egg yolks and sugar and Lemon juice in a metal bowl mix till smooth
Put 1 inch of water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil reduce the heatto medium and put the metal bowl with the egg mixture on top. ( the water should not be touching the bowl) Cook for 8-10 minutes untill thickened..If you like it thicker add 1 TB of cornstarch..I do but I like my filling thick.
remove from the heat and add Butter 2 TB at a time mixing after each addition and be sure the butter if thourghly melted before adding the next. Cool and refridgerate. I will add that this is my now MOST requested filling!!!

Yep, lemon curd is just to die for. Lemon filling from a can or sleeve, no thanks!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 8

If you have a good rasp, add some zest to the curd before cooking as well. And put some fresh zest in at the end....really adds to the "punchiness" of the taste! icon_smile.gif

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 8

I make a cake for my husbands shop and did a layer of the lemon filling and a layer of raspberry filling OH YUM

nancysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancysmom Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 8

thank you both tirby and jamie I will give it a try. you are great. icon_biggrin.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 8

Because of the eggs in the curd does the cake have to be refrigerated?

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 8

Because of the eggs in the curd does the cake have to be refrigerated?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%