"i Was So Excited When I Met ...."

Lounge By indydebi Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 10:18am by -K8memphis

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:56am
post #31 of 47

The person I was "most excited" to meet was my oldest nephew - first baby of the family, etc. I'm not even ashamed to say that he is still my favorite 15 years later. I love the others too - but he and I have always had a special bond. It was cool to meet Stephen King - he and his wife are so nice and down to earth. Oh - and I met the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at one hotel I worked at and both the members of Styx and REM at another one. I gotta get back to the northeast - nothin ever happens in this part of florida, lol

bourbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bourbs Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:57am
post #32 of 47

I met Bryan Adams at a music awards show. It was kind of funny. I had heels on and my feet were killing me, so I told my friend I was going to sit down on one of the benches and rub my feet.
She said OMG you can't do that, look at all these stars here! I said, you don't think they get sore feet? I then sat down ----- and Bryan Adams sat right down beside me and started joking with me about my sore feet and sat and chatted with me until he got called in! Wow, was my friend envious!
Cheryl Ladd
The cast of Dallas when they appeared at a local mall

Marie

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 5:52am
post #33 of 47

I stood in line waiting 3 hours to meet the boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Three hours to meet Paula Deen. Very nice and sooo pretty. My cousin met Michael Jackson at Disneyland many years ago. Michael was a teenager and his sister Janet was very young. My cousin was in line for the Matahorn ride, Michael was right in back of him. My brother saw the Queen about 30 years ago. She was in the states at the City of Hope. My brother was running next to her limo and the Queen gave him a small smile.[/center]

lopsidedTurntable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lopsidedTurntable Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:20pm
post #34 of 47

Ooo Oooh I got one I got one.
I got to meet George Foreman!

When I got my arthritis which at first was crippling me, etc.--he was re-entering the boxing ring as a former champion to raise money to build a gym for the kids, the neighborhood kids. He was going in the ring to get beat up for Jesus to help munchkin kids have a place to learn a better way of life than the streets.

So I thought if he could do that for others I could freaking figure out how to walk etc. so it was really really really cool to meet him. He was trying to tell me how he won that match--it didn't matter to me whether he won or not--his kind of heart was the one I needed to follow that inspired me.

I'll try to figure out how to post a picture. He's like rock solid .

lopsidedTurntable Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:28pm
post #35 of 47

me & the Champ--cool picture huh?

He signed autographs for hours and I waited till he was done so I could get a picture.

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 7:49pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

I was so excited when I first met my soon-to-be-husband. I already have that psychic that this was it.

There is this one celebrity whom I met but I'm shy to say who it is. I didn't expect it and I couldn't sleep for days.

lo, you got me curious now

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:14pm
post #37 of 47

My now 6-year old granddaughter, Lily! It appeared it would be physically impossible for my son and his wife to have children, but with the great strides in medical science, she is here and is the absolute love of my life! Grandchildren give us a chance to make up for where we went wrong the first time!

Now, if I COULD meet anyone in the world, it would be:

Alton Brown
Jane Goodall
Cesar Milan
Stevie Wonder
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton

My husband and I play an ongoing fantasy game, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Invitees may be anyone, dead or alive. We have Dinner A, for entertaining and interesting folks, and Dinner B for Do-Gooders. Alton is the guest of honor at both functions and is seated between us.

Of course, there will be cake, glorious cake, at both fantasy dinner parties!!

lopsidedTurntable Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 9:00pm
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopsidedTurntable

me & the Champ--cool picture huh?

He signed autographs for hours and I waited till he was done so I could get a picture.

Hey--fyi--I'm the shorter one. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:39am
post #39 of 47

vanna1487

The Queen Mum is an affectionate term for the late Queen Mother, the mother of the current Queen Elizabeth. She lived to almost 100 and was always seen in prim dresses, flowery hats and pearls.

To a certain generation she will always be the Queen who, even after the palace itself was bombed by the Nazis, refused to take the princess and go to the safety of the countryside saying "The children won't leave without me, I won't leave without the king, and the king will never leave,"
As a result, she was always the most beloved of the monarchy.

Can you tell I thought she was a terrific lady?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 5:46pm
post #40 of 47

I've met a very few famous people of the cake world and of the dance world. I however felt in awe when I met the commandant of the Marine Corps. (That is until I had a surprise inspection done by him --AHHHH!)
Anyone who served our country during war time or hurt during peace time I totally admire also.

A funny one--I met last year a guy named Jay who was running my credit report. We talked for a few minutes and he shook my hand. I found out later he was the singer of Tootsie Roll and Whoomp There It Is. He was very nice and is married with 4 kids now. He said he didn't make enough to live of royalties in FL so that's why he worked the other job also.

bourbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bourbs Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:24am
post #41 of 47

A little add-on. My brother and his wife met Kirste Alley when they were filming Look Who's Talking in Vancouver's Stanley Park when his toddler ran into where they were filming and she was nice enough to pick her up and bring her back to my brother.

He also met John Travolta and got his autograph around the same time
My older brother med Richard Dean Anderson, oh shoot yeah I did too, lol
when he was filming MyGyver back home.

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:56am
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbs

My older brother med Richard Dean Anderson, oh shoot yeah I did too, lol
when he was filming MyGyver back home.

OK -TOTALLY jealous!!!! LOL icon_lol.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:23pm
post #43 of 47

When I was a teenager I worked in the gift shop at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. One day in 1980 David Bowie came in with his son and I sold his son a rubber shark and got David's autograph.

Also, one year around Christmas time SEVERAL years ago my cousin and I were shopping at Water Tower Place (again in Chicago), and as we were riding up on the elevator we saw Bob Newhart and his wife coming out of a store. Well, my cousin nearly mowed down a couple of elderly women to get to him. We didn't have any paper on us, so he autographed the top of a box that had my friend's present in it. After she opened it, I told her I wanted the box top back!

I don't know if anyone knows/remembers who Leo Buscaglia was, but I went to hear him speak and then waited in line 2 hours for one of his great hugs. He was a great man and I'm glad I got the chance to meet him.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #44 of 47

Hubby works at a Cadillac dealership and sees quite a few celebrities. He's not a sports fan at all (knows NOTHING about sports! One of his joke lines is "Swing and a miss! Ball One!") so when a member of the Indiana Pacers or the Indpls Colts come in, he has no idea who they are.

But even HE knows who Larry Bird is. He came home the first time Mr. Bird came into the dealership and told me, "Damn!! That sum-b*tch is TALL!" icon_lol.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:51am
post #45 of 47

I was beyond elated to meet Donnie Wahlberg just last month! Well, I met all the New Kids at a meet n' greet before the concert here in Phoenix but I have to say I have mad love for him like NO OTHER!
My friend and I had some really nice dog tags made for him and we gave them to him in the m & g. He put them on, put his arms around us and said, "You know I'm going to wear these onstage right? But you won't know it until I rip my shirt off." And sure as all get out, a few songs into the concert he ripped his shirt open and there they were in all their glory! He wore them throughout the entire show - we were thrilled! He's the nicest, most sincere guy ever!

Back in 1991 I met Michael Jackson at Toys R' Us in my hometown of Santa Maria, CA. It was the closest toy store to Neverland Ranch, which is about 30 miles south of Santa Maria. My sister was a manager at that store and she'd seen him several times before but never spoke to him because she was too shy. I'll tell you, when I stood 2 feet away from him I was absolutely speechless! He turned and said hello to me and my mom. I don't even remember what I said but I did ask for his autograph and he was so sweet about it and polite. That was so awesome! I don't know what happened to the autograph he signed for me but darn, I wish I still had it!

Oh and if any of you are Young and the Restless fans, I met Michael Damien when I was about 9 years old at our local mall! He kissed me on the cheek and gave me a red rose!! LOL!

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:04am
post #46 of 47

i have only met two celebrities.

the first one was Alejandro Sanz, and i met him in a Hard Rock Cafe in Mexico City. It was the price for a contest, called "what would you do to meet alejandro sanz?", i had to eat ten worms to met him but at the time i was in love with him so it was worth it, i took my best friend with me to his concert and he signed a guitar for my little sister.

And three years ago i finally met one of my heroes, Jane Goodall. I met her in a summit of her youth organization roots and shoots. It was during college, i had just created a pro animal organization in my university and i wanted it to be part of her organization; so me and my boyfriend went to ny state for a weekend for the summit, where she signed a brochure for me and talked to us. It was like a dream, i never thought i would met and she is so sweet and wise. It was wonderful!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:18am
post #47 of 47

Oh my oh my, eating poor little defenseless worms one day and going pro animal the next. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm just gently teasing you, Cakebuddy.

What we won't do to get to see our heart throbs huh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%