Airbrush Advice!

Decorating By pinkpanthachik Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:01am by bbstephan

pinkpanthachik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpanthachik Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 5

I've been making cakes for more than 2 years now, and I really want to know some info. about an airbrusher. It certainly sounds amazing, time-saving, and effective.

Anyways, I need to know what brand/model would be right for me:

-I do my cakes at home and don't really have a lot of storage space
-I don't have any experience with one of these...
-I don't want to spend too much money on this...it's my first one, after all.

So if you could give me some info. on typical price ranges, difficulty, sizes, where to find them, if you think I need one, etc....it would be so helpful!

(Sorry I'm so clueless... icon_redface.gif)

4 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

I have a KopyKake and am very happy with it. It's been a while but I think mine cost $150.00 with everything and 4 small bottles of colors. You can visit kopykake.com to see what types they have. they have a variety of price range.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 5

I have a KopyKake and am very happy with it. It's been a while but I think mine cost $150.00 with everything and 4 small bottles of colors. You can visit kopykake.com to see what types they have. they have a variety of price range.

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 5

I have a Master Airbrush with an air compressor. I love it!

Got it on ebay with 4 viles of AmeriColor colors. I think I only paid around 50 bucks- never used. Works beautifully. I'd check out ebay for a great deal.

My question about airbrushes to everyone is (gonna tag on here) what does everyone put behind and around when they are airbrushing?

bbstephan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbstephan Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:01am
post #5 of 5

If you go to the forum search and type in airbrush, you'll find LOTS of great information. I was asking the same question as you and found the information to be very helpful. I just yesterday decided to purchase the Aztek 4709 and the 40 PSI compressor from Harbor Freight based on everyone's great input. Good luck in your search, it sure is a lot of helpful information to read through...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%