Cake Pan And Ideas For 2 Batches Of Cake Batter

Decorating By allthehobbies Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm by Doug

allthehobbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allthehobbies Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 2

My boyfriend has asked me to make a cake for this Friday, for a woman who is leaving the company. He asked for it to be "between a round cake and that big one you make", which means not one cake mix, and not 3, but 2. icon_smile.gif

I have never met the woman who is leaving, so I have no idea what to do, other than a plain cake that says "Good Luck Jackie". And the only 2 mix pan I can think of that I own is the book cake, which doesn't really make sense. I told my bf that, and he has offered to buy me a new cake pan, if I need him to, since I make cakes for his office for free all the time.

Any ideas for a good 2-mix pan and/or decorating?

Any help is appreciated!

1 reply
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 2

2 - 10" + 2 - 8" round or 2 -8" + 2 - 6" squares and you've got a tiered cake.(new magic line square or round pans?)

-----

the book cake -- make it look like the inside of greeting card. message and then all kinds of signatures (great if he could actually get people to sign for you and then you duplicate siggys)

-----

where's she going "to" - possible to do something based on that.

like if moving: suitcase cake, or a car cake with her driving off to...

if going to be stay-at-home mom -- a cake that looks like a box labeled "mom survival kit" or a closed book cake that looks like one of those "Dummies" books --"motherhood for dummies" or your open book cake -- Chapter 1: The first rule of motherhood: This too shall pass (or how not to kill the kid when they've.....)

if retiring -- something connected to her plans for that -- like if going to RV, then an RV or suitcase with travel brochures of places to go.

-----

of course could do a fancy purse or shopping bag or hat box cake too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%