Giant Cupcake Silicone Pan...

Decorating By Maier Updated 7 Mar 2013 , 6:46pm by donna14

Maier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maier Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 22

I bought this online and it didnt come with directions. So I looked at Wiltons cupcake pan and followed it, but this pan is about twice the size. I put one full box of cake mix on one side of the pan and it still didnt get large enough to fill the pan....

Does anyone have ideas or have any problems like I am... what do I do??? icon_cry.gif

21 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 22

Fill the pan more until 2/3 full..it may take a few mixes...Make sure you bake it long enough also!!

Maier Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 22

thanks, will try that and see if it works.

Maier Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 22

thanks, will try that and see if it works.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 22

On that topic of cupcake cake pans - the Wilton one (at least the only one I've seen) is only one half of a cupcake... but whenever I see 'cupcake cakes' they are always 3D and standing - do you just bake the same cake twice and stick the two halves together? and if so, how?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 22

I used one and a half recipes to fill my Wilton Giant cupcake pan. I would rather fill it too much and cut some off then to have it not be tall enough.

The Wilton gint cupcake pan has a cavity for the bottom and a cavity for the top. THere is another panlike you are describing which leys flat and is decorated to look like a cupcake laying down.

If yours takes that much batter them you should used a heating core or flower nail to help it bake in the middle without burning the edges.

sadsmile Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 22

duplicate post sorry

sadsmile Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 22

THis is the 3D one
http://www.sugarcraft. com/catalog/misc/cupcakes/2105-5038.jpe
oopps it got blacked OK try this one...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UPRAXA/?tag=cakecentral-20

And this is the flat one I think you are talking about.

http://images.birthdayexpress.com/bexpress/assets/product_images/E7890.jpg

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 22

Thanks sadsmile! Yes, the second flat one is the one that I have seen. Now that I've seen the picture of the 3D one, I remember seeing it on sites, but I guess I never realized what it was. That's the one that I want to get, not the flat one.

Maier Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:10am
post #10 of 22

I did see the Wilton pan but at $35 it was a little too much for me being unemployed so went with the cheap silicone one. You mentioned using a flower nail.... how does that work??

Thanks for all the advice!!!

Maier Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #11 of 22

I did see the Wilton pan but at $35 it was a little too much for me being unemployed so went with the cheap silicone one. You mentioned using a flower nail.... how does that work??

Thanks for all the advice!!!

sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #12 of 22

I found it at walmart for 30 and you can do site to store shipping for free.

Greese and flour a clean(new or no rust on it-some old nails get rusty and you don't want to use that!) flower nail and place it flat side down in the center of the pan and carefully pour your batter around it. It will conduct heat into the middle and help it to bake fully so the edges won't have to be over cooked. Remove when cooling the cake.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #13 of 22

i got my 3d cupcake pan at micheals. it was $34.99 and i used my 50% off coupon.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:04pm
post #14 of 22

I did not like the 3D pans. I used a 5, 6, and 7 inch pan for the bottom and then reversed for the top, trimmed up a bit and called it good. Easy to bake, easy to handle.

sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm
post #15 of 22

The 3D pan is smaller then the stack you put together. You really had a giant cupcake then. Why didn't you like the pan?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:33pm
post #16 of 22

The pan is fine - as long as you bake each part separately. Whoever thought that two cakes of different sizes like that should be hooked together in the same pan is nuts. Ah, yes, Wilton.

sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #17 of 22

I baked mine with a flower nail and they reached done at nearly the same time not to noticable a difference.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:07pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

The 3D pan is smaller then the stack you put together. You really had a giant cupcake then. Why didn't you like the pan?

They were the smallest pans I had. I did not make them real thick for the top. I just did not like the way the pan baked, I also did not like the thought of the cake not being torted in one lump piece and as long as I was going to torte, why not make layers? Made since to me.

sadsmile Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:34pm
post #19 of 22

Yeah it makes sense( FYI that is the only time I have ever spelled it correctly haha I stink at spelling-and didn't want you to think I am mocking you icon_wink.gif ) Though I like the baked edges rather then a carved crumbly edge.

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:35am
post #20 of 22

I have the NordicWare one. I really like it and have never had problems with the two sides cooking unevenly. As far as the torting issue, I poke a few holes in both the top and bottom with a bubble tea straw and then fill them up with filling, buttercream, etc.

I bought mine at BryLane Home for something like $16. It was on sale and then I had a promo code for 30% off.

Kiki74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiki74 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:36am
post #21 of 22

I also have the Nordicware pan. I haven't tried it yet though. I guess I'm waiting for an occassion. Like I really need an excuse to make cake right? LOL icon_biggrin.gif

donna14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donna14 Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:46pm
post #22 of 22

It is a different pan..it's a 3D pan..one side is the base and the other is the top :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%