Anybody Here In David's Bridal Cake Program?

Business By Nchanted1 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 1:48am by CakeForte

Nchanted1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nchanted1 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

I was approached when they rolled it out, and I decided not to join. Lauch was to be in Sept, so too late for fall to New Years brides, and here in the northeast, no weddings until late April. I would have spent $1800+ before I could even theoretically get the first wedding.

Just wondering, how did it work out? Is it worth it?

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 8

Yeah, I was in it. It was abruptly, and I mean ABRUPTLY canceled. I got maybe 6 inquiries over 18 months and possibly two cakes. It was the biggest waste of money ever. And the DB brides were serious bargain shoppers. One of my young friends always refers to David's bridal as "the Walmart of the Wedding Business."

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 8

LOL. I've always referred to them as the "McDonald's" of bridal shops! Masses produced service.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 8

I've never even heard of it, but it definitely doesn't sound worth it.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #5 of 8

I was approached by a David's Rep and turned it down. It was SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Now, the person at my local store is an unlicensed baker!! Not sure why, but that really honks me off. icon_confused.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #6 of 8

The program previously was administered by Wedding Cakes Across America. That's the program that ended. I was also contacted by a rep from a different program that had a similar "deal" with David's. My best advice is that it's more efficient to flush your money down the toilet than have to watch it trickle out of your account over a year.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:20am
post #7 of 8

Glad to know this. I get called DAILY by them. Now I no longer have to ponder it!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #8 of 8

Yeah - I looked into it recently and it ended because David's Bridal wasn't holding up their end of the deal and the bakers were getting the shaft from their stores. Meaning they were the exclusive baker for the store...but weren't being recognized as such by the local DB staff. I know there is more to the story that I don't know..obviously...but that was the gist of what th WCAA rep told me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%