Which Cake Pans Do You Prefer?

Decorating By CountryCakery4 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 9:08pm by xstitcher

CountryCakery4 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 10

I know I've seen this in a thread before but I was having a hard time finding it.icon_sad.gif I'm probably going to be buying some pans in the near future and I want to get good quality ones. So far I only have Wilton pans from Michael's but after seeing some websites I know that there are lots of brands out there. What are your favourites and why? Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Jenn2179 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 10

I like Magic Line pans. I like the square ones best because they have sharp corners.

SueB Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 10

I also love the Magic Line. The cakes bake up great and like Jenn said the square pans are the best for perfect corners.

whitneysmere Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:47am
post #4 of 10

I just bought the Magic Line upon recommendation from this site and I love them. You'll know they are a quality pan as soon as you get them. I found them on Amazon for a reasonable price. I got a 6,8,10,12, and 14 for $97...which includes S/H. I am doing my first wedding cake this weekend and am very happy with the square corners...now if only mine looked as good!
HTH

CountryCakery4 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:39am
post #5 of 10

Thank you all for your responses. I've been researching online for the best place to get these pans as I'm located in Canada and I'd like to avoid international shipping of possible. I appreciate all your input so far!
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:50am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCakery4

Thank you all for your responses. I've been researching online for the best place to get these pans as I'm located in Canada and I'd like to avoid international shipping of possible. I appreciate all your input so far!
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

When I was still in Calgary I ordered from ultimate baker/ cooks dream as they were the most reasonably priced with shipping, ( this was just a little over a year ago though) but just one word of advice: choose USPS for shipping not UPS as UPS charged me more for brokerage fees than it cost to ship the pans to me. USPS was only a few $ more for the initial shipping but way cheaper to pay the duty fees. If your in a hurry than use UPS but if not avoid them.

cherrycakes Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 12:30pm
post #7 of 10

You might want to check into www.cakemischief.com It's a new Canadian site and they have Magic Line pans. I also have the Magic Line square pans and love them!

jenmat Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 10

i bought the magic line 3" pans, instead of the 2 " pans. Wow- what a difference with making 2" cakes! They bake evenly and don't get as crusty. Have fun with your new pans!

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 10

Magic Line. Professional equipment.

xstitcher Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 10

I forgot to mention that I really like ML too. That's what I had ordered.

Anyway, I don't know where you are in Canada but in Calgary there is a store called PM Hobbycraft that carries some cake supplies. When I was there I did see some ML and Fat Daddio's pans but I found them after I had already ordered them online. They do have a website and are really good at ordering things if they don't have them as well. Here's the link:

http://www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/department/20/Cake-and-Candy-Making/

You might also want to try Golda's Kitchen. I can't think of any other's on off the top of my head right now but if you go to Cakes Canada 's website you might be able to get more info.

http://www.cakescanada.com/forums

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%