Help No Piping Bags, What Do I Do?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm by ibmoser

CakeMommyTX Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am making some cc's for my sis to pick up and take to a work babyshower, they are last minute and I'm making them at home. Problem is I have no piping bags here and I can't leave to go to the store.
I know I can ice them with a spatula but I want them to look somewhat presentable, any suggestions?
Oh I'm also out of plastic baggies and I just threw away all my parchment bags last week becaues " I never use them"
I do have plastic wrap, what are the chances I can make something out of that?
She'll be here in about 2 hrs and I have'nt even started decorating them!

5 replies
CrankyCakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 6

If you have any wax paper you could make bags out of that by cutting triangles. Other than that it maybe time for a quick trip to get some plastic bags since thats probably closer. Sorry hope that helps. Good luck!

7yyrt Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

Pictures - http://www.the-wedding-information-site.com/paper-piping-bag.html
Video clip - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/piping%20bag%20-%20How%20to%20make/
Or you can ice them with your spatula, and dunk the tops in a saucer of color sugar crystals. I do that with cookies; the folks love them, they are completely encrusted with the crystals.

MrsMabe Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 6

You could make ganache and dip the cupcakes in it. That's my vote. Oooh man...that's what I'm going to go home and make tonight. *Homer Simpson drool*

sadsmile Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 6

Hmm no piping bags... I never, never ever have piping bags. I just use gallon freezer ziplocks and snip out a corner and get my coupler in there. They work for me!!!
Crap it didn't register that you are out of baggies.
I bet you could wrap up a cone and get your coupler in there and then use the frosting plug method. I would try wrapping the plastic wrap around the base of the coupler and then screw on the ring before loading the bag with icing.

ibmoser Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 6

You can also cut the corner from a zip-lock type plastic bag and put the tip in the corner, zip the top and pipe away....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%