Help No Piping Bags, What Do I Do?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm by ibmoser

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am making some cc's for my sis to pick up and take to a work babyshower, they are last minute and I'm making them at home. Problem is I have no piping bags here and I can't leave to go to the store.
I know I can ice them with a spatula but I want them to look somewhat presentable, any suggestions?
Oh I'm also out of plastic baggies and I just threw away all my parchment bags last week becaues " I never use them"
I do have plastic wrap, what are the chances I can make something out of that?
She'll be here in about 2 hrs and I have'nt even started decorating them!

5 replies
CrankyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrankyCakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 6

If you have any wax paper you could make bags out of that by cutting triangles. Other than that it maybe time for a quick trip to get some plastic bags since thats probably closer. Sorry hope that helps. Good luck!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

Pictures - http://www.the-wedding-information-site.com/paper-piping-bag.html
Video clip - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/piping%20bag%20-%20How%20to%20make/
Or you can ice them with your spatula, and dunk the tops in a saucer of color sugar crystals. I do that with cookies; the folks love them, they are completely encrusted with the crystals.

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 6

You could make ganache and dip the cupcakes in it. That's my vote. Oooh man...that's what I'm going to go home and make tonight. *Homer Simpson drool*

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 6

Hmm no piping bags... I never, never ever have piping bags. I just use gallon freezer ziplocks and snip out a corner and get my coupler in there. They work for me!!!
Crap it didn't register that you are out of baggies.
I bet you could wrap up a cone and get your coupler in there and then use the frosting plug method. I would try wrapping the plastic wrap around the base of the coupler and then screw on the ring before loading the bag with icing.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 6

You can also cut the corner from a zip-lock type plastic bag and put the tip in the corner, zip the top and pipe away....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%