Help!!! I Need Ideas!!! I Have No Idea What To Do!

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 2:27am by CoutureCake

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:05am
post #1 of 9

It's my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and I've been asked to do the cake. It's for around 40-50 people and I have no idea what to do! The colors are teal, purple and orange and it sort of has a garden party theme. The centerpieces are flower pots, tea pots and tea cups with flowers. I want to make a beautiful cake but I kind of want to keep it simple. I don't want to do fondant and I'm not good at doing any kind of flowers yet. I am also making down here (in Phoenix) and taking north, a 4 hour road trip! I'm such a perfectionist and I'm totally worried about screwing it up! Do you have any ideas? Pictures would be super helpful!
She sent me some pictures of the plates and napkins and they have floral, scrollwork, stripes, so there's quite a bit to get some ideas from. Unfortunately my phone isn't letting me upload pics right now.

Thanks in advance!!!

8 replies
Baking_Booth Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:31am
post #3 of 9
Baking_Booth Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:35am
post #4 of 9

bump

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:38am
post #6 of 9

Thank you so much for all of those examples!!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:45am
post #7 of 9

Your welcome.

I forgot to add these serving guide links in case you need them (I added both the wedding and party serving sizes for 2" deep pans only):

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 9

You could do brush embroidry for the flowers

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:27am
post #9 of 9

To take a quote from Bronwen's class... "All of my flowers are individually hand made... (in Indonesia!)" ... Seriously, there are some reputable sites that sell sugarpaste flowers premade that you can purchase to put on the cake yourself and if anything else, get some luster dust to give them a sheen... Also, it's a lot cheaper to buy them (even though some aren't cheap!) than it is to purchase all the stuff for making them yourself and the value of your time. A few bunches go a LONG way in terms of pulling off different looks on cakes.

Hopefully that helps with some ideas that you might have thought weren't in reach that now are icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%