Stacking Question!!!

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm by yamber82

yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #1 of 6

so far i havn't really had any probs with stacking but i have only done smaller 3 tier cakes. now i have a wedding cake to feed 400. i guessed it will need to be 6-7 tiers and i have NO clue how to make that much cake hold up! i have only used wooden dowels and some newer plastic dowels, but i don't think that will be sturdy enough for that large of a cake

any ideas?

5 replies
renee2007 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 6

I would definitely use the sps system. I used it for my first big cake and it worked great.( it's in my pics- becky's wedding ) hth thumbs_up.gif

yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 6

is that the wilton stacking kit with the tier plates and stand things to fo under them? if so, i do you have to stack the layers to fit to the system because if it's what i'm thinking of, they arn't adjustable.

renee2007 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 6

there is a sticky at the top of the how to page with lots of information about the sps system. thumbs_up.gif hopefully that will answer all of your ?'s. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 6

In the name of all things holy, please do not think that SPS has anything to do with Wilton.

::faints::

Please read the sticky at the top of this Forum. As soon as the attachments starts working of course.

yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

haha!!! lol to that last one icon_smile.gif

and thanks for the info. the site was not working for me last night. i don't know why. none of the forums were opening and the photos and topics on the home page were not updating

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%