Prepackaged Snack Cakes

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 3:26am by cupcakeco

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:42am
post #1 of 3

I posted a question that has been moved to recipe requsts. I'm posting here because I'm not really looking for a recipe...

I have a customer who wants me to use prepackaged "TastyKake" snack cakes in a birthday cake. She wants the cake to distinctly taste like the snack cakes, but not so interested in a "copy cat" recipe.

Does anyone have experience on whether this will work? Any ideas on what would be best? Should I add the snack cakes as a layer after cooking the cakes, ie, tiramisu like?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

**Kristy

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 3
cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 3

If she wants it to taste exactly like the snack cakes, but doesn't want you recreating it so as to bake one huge snack cake... then she should be serving snack cakes.

You need to explain to her that you can ATTEMPT to achieve a cake flavor that resembles the TastyKake but you probably won't get it right on the money. Those things taste the way they do not only because of their recipe but also the preservatives and chemicals added to keep them tasty-fresh for weeks on end, as they sit on a shelf.

Perhaps you could build her a "cake" out of TastyKakes, see: http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/hostess%20cake.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%