Do You Use Sheet Cake Or Heart Shaped Pan To Make Ur Torso?

Decorating By Ruth0304 Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 7:47pm by NatalieMarie

Ruth0304 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

Hello just wondering what is the best way to make a female torso, I know some people carve it out of 1/2 sheet cake pan and some use a heart shaped pan.

I dont think I could carve it out precisely and I wanted to know what were your thoughts on the easiest way to make this cake

Thanks, Ruth

5 replies
sugarlicious Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 6

I use a 9 x 13 pan and sculpt the torso shape, then make boobs in 2 small glass pyrex dishes and position on torso where I like then frost and cover with fondant.

brincess_b Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 6

i did it the other way, with a heart pan. entirely up to you.
xx

NatalieMarie Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

Hi,

I've used a heart tin for my torso, but it depends how much of the torso you want to do. A heart doesn't give you a lot of room to do anymore decoration once you've done the boobs.

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 6

I've done it both ways. When I used the heart, I carved the sides down a bit so that it tapered more under the boobs. I used a 12" heart and the sports ball pan. When I used a 9x13 cake, I made the boobs with a mini wonder mold pan. It did not take a whole lot of carving to get the shape right.

Just for the record, the OP already did her cake... http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1429390 and it came out great.

NatalieMarie Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 6

Texas_Rose is so right, that is a fantastic cake! Wish all my first attempts were so good

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%