My Photo In A Magazine? Really???

Decorating By mixinvixen Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm by cylstrial

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

my friend calls a little while ago on my cell, i'm trying to multi task while listening to her...i'm helping my 5 yr old with a really crappy job (hehehe...bathroom humor!) and holding the phone against my ear with my shoulder...i'm thinking "oh my gosh...one of my cakes is featured somewhere" and i'm starting to get really excited!!!!! she then proceeds to tell me it's in the oct 2008 issue OF HUSTLER!!!!!

<<<<crickets>>> icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

i almost dropped my cell phone into the poo below. i'm so flustered i walked out of the bathroom, don't wash my hands, and leave my poor 5 yr old sitting on the pot. icon_confused.gif

i'm convinced (desperately hoping beyond hope, actually) that it's just a twin, not really me, but she swears it's me and says she and her husband are sitting there staring at it. i'm starting to fume inside, wondering what jerk of a past boyfriend has submitted a candid of me and how i could find him and kill him (although i'm 6 months pregnant and can barely breathe.) icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

after 5 minutes of getting me revved up, she admits that it is, indeed, me, BUTTTT it's a fully clothed version of me, my husband, her husband, and another male friend posing in our costumes at an annual sci=fi convention in atlanta!!!! shewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

apparently the article is called "confessions of a con sl*t", and there are random pics of people that the author saw in their costumes and really liked...so there i am...

i can now say that i have been in hustler...i keep giggling icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 4

The funny thing is that your friend and her husband were reading Hustler together! I know I'm not the only one whose mind went there! icon_lol.gif

Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

The funny thing is that your friend and her husband were reading Hustler together! I know I'm not the only one whose mind went there! icon_lol.gif

my mind DEFINITELY went there...I actually stopped and read the sentence again....LOL ur friend should've started with "clothed" first. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

Wow! I'm sure that you were about to die at first. She was having some fun at your expense. I kept thinking she was going to say your cake was in the magazine...I kept waiting and waiting. Nope, no cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%