My Photo In A Magazine? Really???

Decorating By mixinvixen Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm by cylstrial

mixinvixen Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

my friend calls a little while ago on my cell, i'm trying to multi task while listening to her...i'm helping my 5 yr old with a really crappy job (hehehe...bathroom humor!) and holding the phone against my ear with my shoulder...i'm thinking [b]"oh my gosh...one of my cakes is featured [/b]somewhere" and i'm starting to get really excited!!!!! she then proceeds to tell me it's in the oct 2008 issue OF HUSTLER!!!!!

<<<<crickets>>> icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

i almost dropped my cell phone into the poo below. i'm so flustered i walked out of the bathroom, don't wash my hands, and leave my poor 5 yr old sitting on the pot. icon_confused.gif

i'm convinced (desperately hoping beyond hope, actually) that it's just a twin, not really me, but she swears it's me and says she and her husband are sitting there staring at it. i'm starting to fume inside, wondering what jerk of a past boyfriend has submitted a candid of me and how i could find him and kill him (although i'm 6 months pregnant and can barely breathe.) icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

after 5 minutes of getting me revved up, she admits that it is, indeed, me, BUTTTT it's a fully clothed version of me, my husband, her husband, and another male friend posing in our costumes at an annual sci=fi convention in atlanta!!!! shewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

apparently the article is called "confessions of a con sl*t", and there are random pics of people that the author saw in their costumes and really liked...so there i am...

i can now say that i have been in hustler...i keep giggling icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 4

The funny thing is that your friend and her husband were reading Hustler together! I know I'm not the only one whose mind went there! icon_lol.gif

Cakes_By_Bright Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

The funny thing is that your friend and her husband were reading Hustler together! I know I'm not the only one whose mind went there! icon_lol.gif

my mind DEFINITELY went there...I actually stopped and read the sentence again....LOL ur friend should've started with "clothed" first. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

Wow! I'm sure that you were about to die at first. She was having some fun at your expense. I kept thinking she was going to say your cake was in the magazine...I kept waiting and waiting. Nope, no cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%