Home Bakery In Tn??

Business By klallen21 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 3:19pm by klallen21

klallen21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klallen21 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 7

Hey!

I'm thinking about officially starting a home bakery business in TN...I know it's legal in this state (thank the Lord!), but haven't been able to find any info on it....I've been all over the internet looking.

Anyone have any wisdom on this issue?

Thank you so much!!!

6 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:26am
post #2 of 7

Check out the sticky that KellyM has posted at the top of this forum it should have the info you need. Plus check out the hd for your area.

hth

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 7

my son is opening a home bakery in tn....every county has different rules, in his he is having to rehab the garage with triple bay sink and the whole deal....call the health dept and make an appointment for the dude to copme out and see what you're working with.

klallen21 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you!!! Very helpful!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #5 of 7

If you haven't already found this info, here is a link to the TN Dept of Ag website, you want to look under the agency services "Domestic Kitchen Rules." That will tell you what all of the requirements are. Contact the HD and they will send you the information, too. It is relatively easy, but that required food safety course only comes around a few times a year.
Hope this helps, and good luck!

http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/regulatory/foodanddairy.html

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 7

If you haven't already found this info, here is a link to the TN Dept of Ag website, you want to look under the agency services "Domestic Kitchen Rules." That will tell you what all of the requirements are. Contact the HD and they will send you the information, too. It is relatively easy, but that required food safety course only comes around a few times a year.
Hope this helps, and good luck!

http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/regulatory/foodanddairy.html

klallen21 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you, Becky! This is great info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%