Last Minute Pillow Question!

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 5:20am by yamber82

yamber82 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 4

how do you cc'ers get the tufted look? i LOVE that and am really hoping to be able to incorporate that onto my princess pillow this weekend

3 replies
yamber82 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 4

paula19 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 4:51am
post #3 of 4

I haven't tried it but I will eventually. I want to do it too icon_biggrin.gif But I'm pretty sure the fondant has to have a little thickness so that when you roll the fondant cutter/embosser (wilton has 1, you could google it icon_smile.gif ) on the fondant, it will have the tufted effect. Hopefully someone that has done a pillow cake will answer your question though, because I'm not 100% sure. I do know that you do use the cutter/embosser, though.

yamber82 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:20am
post #4 of 4

i as actually refering to the button part. i have seen a few with buttons and they have the fondant like wrinkled around it and it looks like the real thing. i have never done the lines either though

i just finished it (almost) and i had a hard time with the corners. i ended up having seems on the bottom of the corners. i also went a little too deep with the line tool on 2 sides icon_sad.gif . mayeb i should have rolled the fondant thicker

Quote by @%username% on %date%