"just Married" Cookies & Cutter Information

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 1:41pm by kneadacookie

GeminiRJ Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 18

I finally got home from being in Arizona for three weeks, and made a test run of the cookies I'll be making for my niece's wedding. I was inspired by Nancy's Fancy's, as well as Amifsud...but needed a less detailed design (I'm going to be doing 200 of these). This is what I came up with, and had a custom cutter manufactured. They liked the design enough to put it on their website, so if you're interested, you can purchase the cutter (in two different sizes) at www.ecrandal.com (GREAT copper cutters).

I tried posting the picture in the cookie gallery, but kept getting an error message, so I'm going to try posting it here. I used a #3 tip for most of the decorating, except I used a #2 for the tail lights and license plate. The outlining was done using a #1s, and I used a food color pen to do all the writing.

17 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 18

Darn, got another error message! Anyone else getting these? Does this mean I can't ever post photos again? Or is it a temporary thing?

cylstrial Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 18

Aww... man! I've been waiting to see these awesome cookies! I checked your pictures just to make sure...but they didn't post there or in the thread. Hopefully, we'll get to see them soon!

Thanks!

Amifsud Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 18

GEMINIRJ
TRY CHANGING THE NAME OF THE COOKIE AND SEE IF THAT WORKS.

GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 11:47am
post #5 of 18

I tried changing the name twice, and each time it came back with an error message. I tried changing the file size (even though I know I've posted other photos that were the same size), but that got the error message, too. I tired uploading to the cookie gallery again, and that one seemed to work. I don't know if there will be a delay or not, but it should show up there. Hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed!

cookiemookie Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 18

It's in the gallery now!

They are AWESOME! Great job!

I did see that cutter recently on their website along with a lot of other new cutters.

cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 18

Gemini - they turned out great!! It's under your photo's now. I love them! They are so cute~!

GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:33pm
post #8 of 18

Thanks so much for the nice comments! My niece's colors are pink and white, so that's why the two cars are those colors. The green one...I just like the color green! I'll be bagging and tagging the cookies for the wedding, so I think they'll make a pretty nice presentation. I'm just cringing every time I think about how long it's going to take me to get these done!

cindy58 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:48pm
post #9 of 18

Those are great! I also like that you're doing a few colors for the cars, I think that makes for a very nice display.

Hope everything goes smoothly when you're doing all the cookies!

michellesArt Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:08pm
post #10 of 18

why not just alternate the car colours like a silouette and have the bumper and plate-maybe add pink and white flowers-200 to decorate right?they'd still be lovely icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellesArt

why not just alternate the car colours like a silouette and have the bumper and plate-maybe add pink and white flowers-200 to decorate right?they'd still be lovely icon_smile.gif

I'm just a glutton for punishment, I guess! Seriously, I've been thinking on your suggestion, and am considering doing only a certain number with my original design, and the rest with yours. I'll probably just wing it as I go.

revel Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:34am
post #12 of 18

I'd love to buy that cutter! Anyone know where i can buy one from a company that will ship to Canada?

GeminiRJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 11:36am
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by revel

I'd love to buy that cutter! Anyone know where i can buy one from a company that will ship to Canada?

Have you checked @ www.ecrandal.com? I'm surprised they wouldn't ship to Canada!

auntbeesbaking Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:13pm
post #14 of 18

Does your niece realize how lucky she is? icon_wink.gif To design a cookie cutter in honor of her wedding - WOW! The cookies are beyond beautiful!! icon_eek.gif You are clever and amazing!! thumbs_up.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:28pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

Does your niece realize how lucky she is? icon_wink.gif To design a cookie cutter in honor of her wedding - WOW! The cookies are beyond beautiful!! icon_eek.gif You are clever and amazing!! thumbs_up.gif

You're so nice to think so! But actually, I'm just thrilled that my sister (the bride's mother) encouraged me to get a cutter made, offering to pay for it. I had planned on cutting all 200 out by hand. Then, when ecrandal wanted to offer the design on their website, they gave me a fabulous price on the cutter...with free shipping! I've been doing the happy dance every time I think about how much easier it is going to be to make these cookies. Then I think about having to decorate 200 cookies, and I stop dancing in order to have a panic attack!

auntbeesbaking Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:36pm
post #16 of 18

Maybe I'm not understanding something here...if they are selling a cookie cutter and make money on that YOU designed, then WHY are you having to PAY for it? icon_surprised.gif I can understand if if they were making it just for you, end of story.

GeminiRJ Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:57pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

Maybe I'm not understanding something here...if they are selling a cookie cutter and make money on that YOU designed, then WHY are you having to PAY for it? icon_surprised.gif I can understand if if they were making it just for you, end of story.

When ordering a custom cutter at ecrandal, the prices begin at $25. If they like the design and wish to add it to their website, they first get your permission, and then give you a very good price on the cutter. (I paid $13.99, no shipping, for a custom made copper cutter). If I had said no to them being able to use the design, it would've been the $25 plus shipping. There is a place in town that says their custom cutters begin at $85, and you have to pay them an additional fee of $45 if you don't want them to be able to offer the cutter on their website. So I was more than happy and thrilled with ecrandal. They were very nice to work with, I got the cutter within about a week's time, the quality of the cutter is fantastic, and I got it at a wonderful price.

kneadacookie Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 1:41pm
post #18 of 18

i just placed my first order with them. they have been extremely nice. i can't wait to see how the cutters look so i can start ordering my customs

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%