Thinking Cake?

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm by Bonnell

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 29

Does anyone else think about cakes at any and all times? No matter where you are, or what you're doing? Grocery shopping, church, work, doctor's office? Do you do your best cake planning at the oddest times?
Is there a cure for this?

28 replies
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 29

Don't know if there's a cure or not, but my mind is always wondering, planning, thinking cake cake cake! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif :lol It's an addiction I tell ya! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cutthecake Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 29

Sometimes I'll get a good cake idea and blurt it out in the middle of something totally un-related to cake. My husband and kids look at me like I've gone nuts.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 29

I've started looking at everything in terms of cake. It's gotten so bad that recently I looked at the design on our toilet paper and thought, "Wow! That would be really pretty on a cake!" I'm just waiting to use it on a cake for someone I don't really like -- they'll never have to know what I'm thinking while making that cake!

cutthecake Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 4:50am
post #5 of 29

I used to be in "quilting mode", and thought of everything in terms of quilts. Now it's cake mode!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 29

i am obsessed and dream cakes designs most nights, cant stop thinking cake !!!

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 29

Cakes keep me up most nights. It's a sickness.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 29

I'm also obsessed...I was talking to my mom the other day and said, "ooh, I think I can make your purse out of cake...I want to try it"...she said, "really?"...I then proceeded to point out what part would be fondant, what part I'd need my clay gun for, how the buckles would be gumpaste, etc.

She isn't into cakes but knows a little (from me) about the materials people use...by the way, we weren't even discussing cake, or purses for that matter, she was just standing in front of me holding hers.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 29

LOL, I dream cakes too. It sometimes wakes me up at night and I have actually gotten up to write down the idea so that I can be sure to remember it in the morning! Now that's sick! icon_redface.gif

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:33am
post #10 of 29

I have a song that I sing. The words are simple. "I Love Cake I love cake". I will walk around the house singing and my DH just laughs at me with that oh gees expression!! icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:44am
post #11 of 29

My grandkids laugh at me all the time because I will see a car and say ooh that would be cool as a cake or some kind of wood trim or molding and think I can see that as a decorative border haha...I think cake all the time and my family think I am nutty

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:45am
post #12 of 29

I am so glad to hear all of this! I am completely obsessed! I carry a notebook around with me so I can write things down. I am constantly thinking of reasons to make cakes even when I have no orders. My neighbors love living by me! icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:47am
post #13 of 29

I think its worse for me since I am not a professional...just a nanna and I am obsessed for sure with cake decorating..and have turned my ten year old grand daughter into one as well.

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 5:54am
post #14 of 29

That is my issue. Though I would like to be a pro it just isn't in the cards right now. I have to put a lot of time and effort into my full time job icon_cool.gif but maybe one day cake will be my full time job until then I can just come on to CC and talk of how I love cake. thumbs_up.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:10am
post #15 of 29

Here lately I have been the same way! I recently made a cake for a friend who was visiting from W.V. and she took the cake home and froze it..Yes, decorated! The b-day party is this weekend. I dreamed that she called and told me that all of the icing slid off on one side!!! Yes, I do find myself thinking about making cakes all the time and I have a "slight" addiction to this sight! icon_lol.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:47pm
post #16 of 29

me, too! LOL

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #17 of 29

I do this also! Even if I don't have a cake to make for something I am anxious to make one...like I need my cake fix! LOL! I look at evrything and thinks in terms of cake and I think of differant flavors and so on...its an addictionicon_smile.gif

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #18 of 29

All Day I Dream of Cakes.........

Queenguba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queenguba Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:28pm
post #19 of 29

This website is to blame for my addiction.. lol, if im not working on a current cake order. I am looking at everyone else's fantastic cakes and dreaming of what i want to make next.

Tiffany29 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:34pm
post #20 of 29

Ive really been on the crazy train this week! I've made the same cake recipe 2x this week. It's an orange cake and today I am experimenting with the recipe a little....Has anyone heard that ice cream and cake song that's oc the DQ commercial? I guess it's been around for a while.It has been stuck in my head all morning,the kids and I keep singing it! icon_lol.gif

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #21 of 29

It is such a relief to know that I am not the only nut case!!!! Did I say nut...a squirrle cake with nuts and fall leaves would be ohh so cute. LOL

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:55pm
post #22 of 29

Its nice to know I'm not alone. Just about everything I see with a pretty pattern I want to turn into a cake!

What's worse is that I am turning my kids into addicts, too. My daughter recently sketched her design for a four tier Twilight cake for her 9th birthday... in December! My 2 year old makes "cakes" out of blocks and plays with kitchen toys only to make cakes!

I cant think of anything better to be addicted to, though icon_smile.gif (except I need to be addicted to housework and sadly I am not)

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:05am
post #23 of 29

I am totally there with ya!! And there is no cure!! My family gets sick of hearing about cakes! lol

Tiffany29 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:47am
post #24 of 29

Every time I get on here hubby says "mom's going to cake land"! he just walked by me (it's 6:45 am) and said "you're already in cake land huh?!!" It really is addicting! He sure doesn't mind eating cake though! icon_biggrin.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:57am
post #25 of 29

I was at the Funeral Home the other week for a friend and while walking down the hall pointed out to my Husband and Daughter that the wall paper would make a great pattern on the side of a cake. They just looked at me like I was off my rocker. Then last week we were back for another funeral and they asked me was I going to make a copy of the paper this time? I have to stop taking them with me!!!

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:11pm
post #26 of 29

Me too! No matter where I am, or what I am doing, I am always looking on how I can make a particular item in cake. or icing. or chocolate. or gumpaste.or anything edible hat can be put on a cake. I will start talking; planning it out, while everyone else is in the original conversation.... sorta throws people off a bit! Thats okay. I think everyone around me knows that this is my true passion in life.

nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 12:32pm
post #27 of 29

I think it must be contagious, cause my hubby is starting to look at things and say - can you use that for a cake? icon_lol.gif

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #28 of 29

hahaha - I can relate to the toilet paper pattern! Yes, I'm totally addicted. It's almost like when I fell in love with DH. It's a comforting obsession and too much is never enough. To think I never even thought it would more than another hobby to try.....

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #29 of 29

I'm so obsessed with cake and talking about cake that my best friend now calls me "the Cake Dork". Guess that's better than some other names I could be called. But seriously, I used to have the most bizarre, crazy dreams -- not anymore. Cakes, cakes, and more cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%