Multiple Replies Saying The Same Thing...

Decorating By grandmaruth Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 1:00pm by minicuppie

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 10:18am
post #1 of 5

you really only have to click on submit once and it will appear..when replying to a topic in the forum.....just try it and see.....that way your reply wont appear 2 or 3 times... icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 5

Clicking once does not have anything to do with posts repeating themelves - it does it all by itself. I only click once and it has been repeating my posts two or three times ever since they started this upgrade or adding enhancements or whatever you want to call it.

I just wish that they could fix this as some posts are long enough without adding multiple posts of the same thing. I also try and go back and delete my multiple posts - some times I can and other times I can not. If someone posts after you - you are out of luck.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 5

Try posting this under the Technical forum and it will be read by the right people to fix it (or atleast make them aware of it).

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 5

This has already been addressed a number of times in the Tech section. A workable work-around is to count to 10 or 15 after hitting submit and then click the Red-X "Stop" button at the top. I watch my green progress bar at the bottom of my screen and when it hits 4 bars, I exit out of the screen. This has stopped duplicate postings for me.

9 times out of 10, if you just hit submit and let the screen clear itself, your post will appear 3 or 4 times. The writer of the post is not doing anything to make it duplicate. It just is.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with gm...I think a large part of the burps are due to the lengthy submit time...you are not quite sure if you have been "beamed up" so you click again, just to be sure. As for you ID... your posts are just so darn helpful...the computer wants to be sure everyone gets the info! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%