How Do I Get 'flesh' Colored Fondant???

Decorating By brittany_c9 Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm by klallen21

brittany_c9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brittany_c9 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 9

I'm making a corset cake and was wondering how I can achieve a nice flesh color for the skin?

Thanks!!!

8 replies
thecarouselcloset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecarouselcloset Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 9

I use a tiny amount of brown coloring, more color the darker you want to go. I have only done it once though, it's a hula girl in my photos.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 9

Ivory throughout, just a two or three toothpick's worth of rose/pink, and gradually add brown until you reach the desired darkness/skintone.

I used this combination for the baby cake in the link and noticed that it was a VERY realistic skintone. The more brown you add, the darker the tone. This was purposely supposed to be a darker skintone, but it went through several stages of very realistic looking lighter skintone. I jokingly called it my "pound of flesh" LOL icon_lol.gif

BTW I used only Wilton gel colors.

http://media.cakecentral.com/files/cimg50442_136.jpg

goldstarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldstarcakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:25am
post #4 of 9

I add a touch of orange to white fondant for a nice peachy tone. Of course it all depends on what skin tone you're going for. I think it helps to look at crayons or colored pencils and see which colors are related.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:43am
post #5 of 9

Last time I needed some, I just used Wilton ivory. Before that, I used ivory and peach together. Both looked realistic.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:44am
post #6 of 9

Last time I needed some, I just used Wilton ivory. Before that, I used ivory and peach together. Both looked realistic.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:33am
post #7 of 9

Just a bit of copper works as well.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:06pm
post #8 of 9

ditto what dsilvest said...just the tinest touch of copper. i know it sounds odd, but it works super well.

klallen21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klallen21 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 9

I used WIlton Copper Color for my Mickey Mouse cake...if you want to check it out in my pictures.

His face is flesh colored...that's what Wilton recommended.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%