No Need To Keep Calling!!

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 3:24am by indydebi

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 6

I'm totally laughing about this bride. 2 weeks ago she contacted me for her wedding cake and groom's cake for this wednesday. My husband just got laid off a few days before she called, so I was like, I'll do anything! Even though in normal circumstances, I would not have taken the order. It's really big on really short notice.

Anyway, she has called me every 2 days for the last 2 weeks!! Just to check on me, see how the cake is coming along... She called me on Saturday to see how things were going, if her flowers were done, if I had started baking her cake... .... So then she was like, okay, well I'll call you in a couple days to see how things are going. I said, "no need to do that" and she was like, "what" and I said, "everything is fine, your cake is right on schedule and will be ready for your wedding on Wednesday, I'll call the venue to coordinate delivery times, and so you don't need to worry about a single thing more, just relax and know that your cake is taken care of"

Sure enough, she called me again today! I almost started laughing when I saw her number, but answered it and appeased her! lol! Yes ma'am, 2 days out, cakes are baking, things are rolling along, I'm painting your butterflies today, no need to worry. Then at the end she said, "okay well I'll call you on wednesday to confirm delivery" LOL!!

I am so glad I booked her 2 weeks ago and not 2 months ago icon_smile.gif

5 replies
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:48am
post #2 of 6

Wow, she really has kept in touch hasn't she? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:53am
post #3 of 6

Wonder if the short notice has anything to do with something happening to her original cake maker. She may just be trying to protect herself from being burned twice. Poor thing. You AND her!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 6

LOL oh my she's fun!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:40am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Wonder if the short notice has anything to do with something happening to her original cake maker. She may just be trying to protect herself from being burned twice. Poor thing. You AND her!

I know! I asked her why she did not have a cake yet, 2 weeks from her wedding, and she said something like, she just didn't think she needed to book that far out and has been shocked by people saying they are booked. But I'm thinking maybe it is a bit deeper than that... ah well! 2 more days, another phone call! lol

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #6 of 6

I had a bride in last Wed who is getting married Aug 1st. She just booked the chapel last Tuesday and booked the hotel for the reception last Thursday. icon_eek.gif It happens.

Sounds like she's being nice about it, though, and not all 'Zilla'd up! icon_lol.gif Could be worse! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%