Not Sure What To Do?

Decorating By cakeheart Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 1:09am by katwomen1up

cakeheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeheart Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 2

well I got one of those cake orders...the one that kinda makes you take a deep breath an sigh because you see trouble already! anyway I haven't really taken my cakes beyond a 2.00/serving range (i have only been at this for a little under a year) this cake requires some painting skill and it will be very time consuming I have decided to up my price a bit so the total is going to be $100
do you think that is too much to charge...(it is going to feed 30-35)feel free to look at my other stuff (i do have another guitar cake up)
thank you any helpful feedback is very much appreciated! icon_smile.gif
LL

1 reply
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 2

I don't think you're asking too much. I haven't looked at your pictures but you will need a 1/2 sheet cake to start. What would you normally charge for that? Then add up all of your materials, cake, frosting, boards. It doesn't matter how many it's going to feed when you're done carving you have to start with what you had to make to begin with. Now the biggy, time... How long will it take you to paint? You may be cutting yourself short. HTH a little, good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%