Starting A Wedding Favor Business Online, Need Advice!

Lounge By akchrist Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm by Kiddiekakes

akchrist Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site. My sister is a cake decorator out of Huntsville, Tx and recommended this site. She said there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here ! I am starting an online wedding favor business and need some help. I know all the basics of starting a business online but don't have a clue about the wedding industry. Although I have been doing a lot research about it for the last couple of weeks there is still a lot I don't know. I am trying to find trade shows of the merchants that sell the favors to online stores and brick and mortar stores at wholesale prices. I have found some online but I want to go to a show to actually touch what I am buying. Does anyone know the name these trade shows go by? I am also looking for ideas on a name for the business. I'm horrible at naming things, any ideas? I'm mainly going to sell wedding favors but will also sell birthday and graduation favors, etc.
I LOVE THIS SITE, WHAT BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!
Kim

4 replies
Justbeck101 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 5

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Kim,

Welcome to CC!!! Are you talking about favors like small bells and trinkets not made from edible product such as Favor cookies etc?

akchrist Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

I wan to do both edible and non edible favors.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

Oh..Okay...sounds like a great adventure.There are lots of great cookie decoraters here that can help you with the cookie end of it..Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%