Modeling Chocolate/chocolate Clay How Do I?

Decorating By narfletta Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm by notjustcakes

narfletta Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 5

How do I add color to chocolate clay? Or do I need to buy candy melts in different colors in order to do it?? Can I just add color to the white chocolate melts while they are melted, or will it change the consistency? I would appreciate any help... TIA thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Michellers Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:40am
post #2 of 5

That's a good question. Hopefully someone can answer. The only time I've used chocolate clay is for the brown color. I would think that the colored candy melts would do the same and the chocolate. Or using the paste coloring probably wouldn't change the consistency too much. But I'm not super experienced working with chocolate.

Lee15 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:48am
post #3 of 5

A few days ago, someone mentioned that they color the corn syrup with the regular colors and it works great. Haven't tried it though.

narfletta Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 5

that makes sense, to add to the corn syrup.. i think i'm going to experiment tonight to see what works.... thanks for replies!

notjustcakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 5

I just colored my white modeling chocolate green last night using gel food coloring. Right after putting in the corn syrup and mixing it thoroughly, I added a dot of coloring at a time with toothpick and stirred it in...it will not change the consistency at all... rolled out great and same consistency as nornal...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%