Harley Logo On Cheesecake???

Decorating By lzbthbrdn Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 12:58am by Charmed

lzbthbrdn Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

have a request for a cheesecake with a harley logo on top for this fri. night. about every cheesecake ive made cracks on top in a big circle. is it the recipe or am i doing something wrong? also, what would be the best way of doing the logo? im not a good enough artist to attempt it freehand and i want it to look nice and sharp. ive read about frozen buttercream transfers or should i do it in colorflow or royal icing or something. customer is dead set against fondant so unfortunately thats not an option here. i havent tried candy clay yet but wouldnt mind giving it a shot. any advice, tips, ideas or recipes guys? id really appreciate it!! detective.gif

3 replies
Charmed Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe you can do the logo on a pastillage plaque and then remove it when they want to serve the cake.

lzbthbrdn Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

Maybe you can do the logo on a pastillage plaque and then remove it when they want to serve the cake.

not to sound stupid but whats a pastillage plaque??

Charmed Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 4

Pastillage is a sugar dough that sets up very hard Because pastillage dries quickly and is very fragile once it is dry, it's more difficult to work with than fondant or gum paste. you have to be fast!!here is a recipe if you want to try it:
http://www.baking911.com/recipes/cakes/fondant_sculpting.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%