How To Maximize Contacts With Potential Customers?

Business By dreamcakesmom Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 7:22pm by indydebi

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 2

Over the last 6 months or so I've been in the process of starting running my own business and most recently started to openly market my business. The good thing is I've been getting calls and emails requesting information. The bad thing is it is usually all about the price. How do you more experienced home bakers maximize contact/requests with potential clients? How does a typical call go?

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 2

You could spend all day on the phone with a client. What I have done is create documents with all the info needed. When I get a call or an email, I just email them back with the attachments and the message of "look this over ..... if you like what you see, if it fits your budget and your style, give me a call and we'll set an appointment for your free sampling." When folks call me, I tell them "Give me your email and I'll send you our info packet."

I write it once ..... and send it out over and over.

I have one doc with info on delivery; one for cakes; one for catering; one for drinks; one for choc fountains; and I have some "Tip Sheets", such as tips on having an outdoor wedding; tips on how to save money in general; tips on how to get your name changed, etc.

If you PM me your regular email, I send you my Bridal Packet so you can see the type of info I send to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%