I Am Speechless...

Lounge By Babarooskie Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 8:41pm by pkinkema

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:37pm
post #31 of 44

maybe you should ask her if her mother will want to inspect the cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:39pm
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakelady64

maybe you should ask her if her mother will want to inspect the cake. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif

GeminiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiCake Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm
post #33 of 44

I would just tell her BLUNTLY that I do not feel comfortable making a cake for you, considering she couldn't keep the furniture deal as business and she made it personal. She would just try to find something wrong, or her mom will, with the cake, and they could end up bad mouthing you to others.

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:34pm
post #34 of 44

I've had this kind of thing happen to me on several ocassions with clients when I was doing murals and paintings for homes. The client would be happy with something until somebody in the family or a friend made a negative remark. I find that those people are easily swayed and don't stand up for themselves to people who give them grief. This friend of Babarooskie is not afraid to complain to her "friend" , but is scared of her Mother. She's taking out her frustration where she thinks there will be no consequences. That's why she had the nerve to ask for a cake. Analysis free from Dr. Andy!

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:59pm
post #35 of 44

I agree with the previous poster. Make her a loveseat cake with a hole.
That was a great line icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #36 of 44

HMF! High Maintanence Friend. Wears me out! Life is too short. I'd still be her acquaintance, but, the close friendship would be over. I'd be booked for the birthday cake and do what she said "give her time"...a LIFETIME!

Beth in KY

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:14pm
post #37 of 44

She's not pissed at you, she's pissed that she can't cut the apron strings.

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #38 of 44

You could tell her to take the money she saved on all that furniture and have the hole fixed. Then, she can take what's left over, and buy a cake!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #39 of 44

Honestly, I would just tell her you are booked. You will only be stressed out worrying if she (or her mother) is going to complain in the end.

Frankly, I don't think she was really much of a friend in the first place.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:13pm
post #40 of 44

Sounds like she is more mad at the fact that she is getting *itched at by her mom than by you.

Similar situation happend about 5 yrs ago with my best friend. We had been friends for about 10 years. Her mom was watching my youngest daughter-about 3 weeks into the gig her mom says she cant watch her. I told her if she could wait 3 weeks until I got my 1st paycheck and then I would pay her. She said sure no problem. For two weeks the mom and cousin called me at wk hounding me for the money!!! They even would block their number and leave me messages. Finally by the 3rd week (the wk I had planned on paying her) my bf was emailing me at wk all pissed because of this. My bf straight out said her mother would never agree to wait that long and I was lying. It was the best $150 I ever spent! I dont talk to the girl anymore.

Its hard because you know you didnt do anything wrong, but you just have to let it run its course. I know you dont want to loose her as a friend but things always happen for a reason.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #41 of 44

floral1210...hysterical. best response yet LMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:41pm
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Make a donut cake, hole and all.

LOL!

Curious1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curious1 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:55pm
post #43 of 44

Gemini has a point. At this point it may not necessarily be about whether or not she tries to find a flaw with the cake and tries to get her money back, but you have a business to think about here. You can't have her badmouthing your business out of spite over a completely different problem. Little scary there...

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:41pm
post #44 of 44

Life IS too short to be brought down by petty stuff like this. Surround yourself with positive people! She wasn't much of a friend if this could come between you guys. She was merely an acquaintance--and can still be.

I know, easier said than done....but this did happen between me and someone I considered a close friend. We're extremely cordial and civil to each other, but I don't have a desire to spend much energy on her anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%