Help Finding A Turorial Or Ideas Please

Decorating By Mylittleflutterby Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm by Mylittleflutterby

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked by my neighbour to quote on making cupcakes for her future sister in laws wedding. They want cupcakes to feed 100 and a stand that would have fresh flowers between the tiers.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I could find a tutorial that would show how to make a stand that would accomodate this number of cupcakes and flowers or if anyone knows how.

I was thinking cake dummies inbetween, but I did not know how long the flowers would last in the styrofoam, then I though flower oasis because you can dampen it, but then I worry about the water leaking and getting on the cupcakes etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 replies
Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

You should try browsing the Cupcakes forum. I believe there are a number of threads on there for stands.

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 5

I'm doing a wedding this weekend and the bride wants 110 cupcakes. I found a really nice tower for pretty cheap at www.coolcupcakes.com
It doesn't have a fresh flower area but you could rig something using this stand. The stand is really sturdy (I put it together already) and because it comes in sections - you could put the flowers on a layer or two as your putting it together and I personally think it would work out great. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

kccinderella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kccinderella Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 5

This thread is pretty inspiring: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-631237.html

Shows a lot of homemade stands or commissioned stands. You could easliy incorporate floral foam into some of these ideas to accomodate your flowers. HTH

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%