Help Finding A Turorial Or Ideas Please

Decorating By Mylittleflutterby Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm by Mylittleflutterby

Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked by my neighbour to quote on making cupcakes for her future sister in laws wedding. They want cupcakes to feed 100 and a stand that would have fresh flowers between the tiers.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I could find a tutorial that would show how to make a stand that would accomodate this number of cupcakes and flowers or if anyone knows how.

I was thinking cake dummies inbetween, but I did not know how long the flowers would last in the styrofoam, then I though flower oasis because you can dampen it, but then I worry about the water leaking and getting on the cupcakes etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 replies
Gingoodies Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

You should try browsing the Cupcakes forum. I believe there are a number of threads on there for stands.

BJ Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 5

I'm doing a wedding this weekend and the bride wants 110 cupcakes. I found a really nice tower for pretty cheap at
It doesn't have a fresh flower area but you could rig something using this stand. The stand is really sturdy (I put it together already) and because it comes in sections - you could put the flowers on a layer or two as your putting it together and I personally think it would work out great. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

kccinderella Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 5

This thread is pretty inspiring:

Shows a lot of homemade stands or commissioned stands. You could easliy incorporate floral foam into some of these ideas to accomodate your flowers. HTH

Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%