Will It Still Be Good?

Decorating By suz3 Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 10:41pm by suz3

suz3 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 6

If I decorate a buttercream cake on Tuesday, will it still be good for a Saturday party? thumbs_up.gifthumbsdown.gif

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 6

You could bake the cake in advance and then put it in the freezer. Then you could pull it out and decorate it on Thursday or something.

I don't think that I would decorate it that far in advance because I'd be afraid that the cake would be too dry. But that's just me.

brincess_b Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

probably yes. depends on your recipe. and i imagine things like if humidity and stuff, weather always affects stuff, lol.
if its for a paying customer, id be trying to do it nearer the time, if its family, i wouldnt worry.
xx

suz3 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 6

I need to make this work some how. My best friend in having surgery on Thursday and will not be able to speak for several days so I cannot leave her by herself. I tried to get out of doing the cake but they absolutley wouldn't go away. So, what is the best way to make this work. I have to deliver the cake Wednesday. Please HELP!!!!

cylstrial Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

Is there someone else in your area that could make the cake for you? You could see about finding someone on here to do it. Sending good thoughts your way!

suz3 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 6

I made the cake today. I will take it with me to work Wednesday and frost it there. It is a really simple cake with just some pokemon fondant figures and fondant letters to be put on the cake. I can make this work. Thank you so much for your good thoughts. I know the surgery is minor but it is always scary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%