Eeekk!!!! What To Do Now

Baking By Mylittleflutterby Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 7:02pm by HelenM2002

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 5

As some of you may know, I am in the process of starting up a cupcake business from my home and was coming up with a plan to approach local businesses and working on getting my business license etc.

Well my neighbour just sent me a message asking me if I would quote her for doing cupcakes for her brother and soon to be sister in laws wedding. There will be about 100 people there and all I know so far is that they want buttercream frosting and a cupcake stand with flowers between the tiers so it kinda looks like a wedding cake.

So I am wondering, how far in advance can I make the cupcakes?

Can I freeze them or will they come away from the liners?

Does any one have a pictire or better yet a tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand with the flowers between the tiers?

What do you think would be a reasonable price to quote with the info I have so far? I will be getting more info soon.

Anything else you think I should keep in mind or know?

I am really excited about this but also nervous. I am sure I will have a million more question so please bear with me icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!!!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

Okay..I charge $2.50 per cupcake for a standard size and regular BC icing swirled ontop.If they want RI flowers ,fondant flower that is extra per cupcake.I charge a security deposit for my stand which is the cost to replace it new should it be damaged,broken etc. .This is refundable when the stand is returned WITHOUT any damages.Then I charge a rental fee of $50.00 on top of that to rent the stand for the event.If they want mini lights etc they are reponsible for supplying those along with any flowers or whatever they plan to use.Also charge a delivery/set up fee to compensate for your time,gas,etc.

100 x at least $2.50 =$250.00 base price..extras like wrappers,flowers are more per cupcake.
Rental for stand ...whatever you charge
Security deposit for stand...whatever you charge
deliver/setup fee....add that as well

I would say at least $450.00 dollars or so...
I wouldn't do it for any less...Cupcakes are very time consuming!! and Yes..You can bake them in advance and freeze them!

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much for that advice!!! It is really helpful!

Another question... how many cupcakes should I estimate per person? do you usually tell people 1 per peson or 2 or what? I want to make sure she has enough.

thanks again!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 5

Well the general consensus and most people's manners will take just 1 and some will pass and inevitably Uncle Charlie will take 2 or more so....As long as the Bride is aware of this it is up to her as to how many she wants to order.

HelenM2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HelenM2002 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 5

The only thing that I can add is that you can definitely freeze the cupcakes (unfrosted). Once they're fully cooled, I would put them in plastic freezer bags and then in a plastic container. (The freezer bag will keep them fresh, the container will keep them from getting crushed -- you can stack the bags on top of each other inside the container.)

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%