Need Advice On Making A Tiara/crown And Ri

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm by Kiddiekakes

yamber82 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 5

it is going to be sitting on a bowling ball made with the wilton ball pan. i am wondering what medium is best in making these. i have seen some really beautiful ones on here! i think most of them were made from RI. is it possible to make one from candy melts? i wante it to taste really good but i don't want it to break either icon_sad.gif i have never used RI before. is it possible to make it ahead of time and store it or keep the leftovers? thanks!

4 replies
yamber82 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:22am
post #2 of 5

bump

Bunsen Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:28am
post #3 of 5

I made mine from gumpaste using a clay gun - although technically edible I wasn't expecting anyone to eat it. I was more concerned about it being stable and not breaking to be honest. If you want to know any more about how I made mine just ask - it's in my pictures if you want to take a look!

Tiffany29 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 5

when I scroll down on the cc's home page,there is instructions on how to make a RI tiara by carrielynnfields. Or try utube.

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 5

I make mine all the time from Candy melts.I just print out a template...wrap it around a peanut butter container.cover the template with wax paper and tape it then melt some white candly melts in a ziploc baggy.Clip the corner and start piping the outline.Pipe a bit and then refridgerate to set what you have done..that way the curved areas won't run.I repeat over the same areas 2or 3 times refrigerating in-between.Then when I am ready to set it on I gently take it off the tape and move the Tiara away from the plastic jar.Then I gently peel the wax paper away...and Viola!! Never had one break yet and I have done many!!

The key is to melt the candy melts enough to be warm but not scorching hot or it is too runny to work with.I melt mine in 10 second intervals and squish the melts around to evenly melt them.When they are slightly warm they pipe better and not runny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%