How Long Will Fondant/gum Paste Figures Last?

Decorating By chillysmommy Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 12:37am by Elise87

chillysmommy Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing figures and decorations for the first time and I'd like to get them done early in case I can't do them right the first time. How long do these figures keep and how do I store them after they've dried? Wouldn't they get soggy if I kept them covered? Do I just leave them out and wouldn't that make them too hard to eat? Thanks in advance! ~michele

6 replies
thecarouselcloset Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 7

i have mine from my babyshower in December and they still look just as good, lol. Of course I wouldn't try to eat them!

LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 7

Forever! if you take care of them.

LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

Forever! Just keep them moisture & dust free.

cylstrial Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 7

They will keep for a long time. I don't think that most people plan on eating them. I have never had anyone eat them.

I bubble wrap mine and put them in a little box. Then I put it in a tupperware bin.

chillysmommy Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone. Didn't know if someone would want to eat them, just thought I'd ask. So the tupperware doesn't make them soggy?

Elise87 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:37am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillysmommy

Thanks everyone. Didn't know if someone would want to eat them, just thought I'd ask. So the tupperware doesn't make them soggy?

well i once put fondant pieces just straight in an airtight container and the next day they did go all soggy so i personally store my fondant pieces in a cardboard gift box on some baking paper or something.

If you don't have one of them, a biscuit tin or a plastic container will do but to stop it going soggy put in some of those food safe sachets that absorb moisture or if you can't get them i heard pieces of bread might do the same trick.

As for how in advance you can make them if you are going to eat them for me personally i would maybe do them up to max 4 days ahead, but that's just me lol

HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%