Baking By Mom2Rebecca Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 12:54am by Charmed

Mom2Rebecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2Rebecca Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 2

Or anyone else is welcome, but the original post is by Kitagirl
I was digging through old posts and found this by you

Quote:
Quote:

I do both scratch cakes and doctored cake mixes...I find I get just as many "raves" from the doctored mixes, if not more, than the scratch! Its almost embarrassing sometimes.

Anyway the other day was making a DH dark chocolate cake and I went to get a box of chocolate pudding and realized I only had vanilla. So I just used the vanilla, and then melted a handful of some Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips I had on hand in the microwave real quick, and then mixed it in at the end. (Don't forget when you add pudding, reduce the water to only one cup and add an egg) The chocolate cake ended up tasting alot like a soft moist Oreo, especially with some whipped icing. Yum!

I have never doctored a cake mix before, do I do the above directions and add it to the cake mix before baking? Or is this a filling? If this is added to the cake mix, what would be a good filling and icing?
Thanks!

1 reply
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 2

You add the chocolate in the cake mix before baking. for filling you can use choco buttercream or choco/vanilla pudding or strawberries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%