Finding Really Small Fondant Cutouts

Decorating By Mickey17 Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 11:54am by Mylittleflutterby

Mickey17 Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 5

I keeps seeing cakes that have really really small fondant details that look like they are cut outs, but I can't seem to find that size anywhere. Can someone help me?

Here are couple of examples:

I wanted to make this cake and couldn't figure out the dress flowersImage

Or I saw this picture here (that I can't find now) that was green with white piping and 2 little birds and the birds seem very small. [/img][/url]

4 replies
cylstrial Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

They are called PME plungers. Here's a link for some leaves.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=plungers&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0

And if you go to Country Kitchen they have tons of them. Just type in plungers and you will see tons of shapes.

Hope this helps.

Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 5

If you want to do it cheapie-style like I do icon_biggrin.gif Use scrapbooking punches. Roll your fondant very thin and it will fit in decorative hole punches...and you can find the tiny ones at Micheals for a dollar.

dsilvest Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 9:38am
post #4 of 5

You can also use your decorating tips. The openings are in various sizes for the round writing tip.

Mylittleflutterby Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 11:54am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

If you want to do it cheapie-style like I do icon_biggrin.gif Use scrapbooking punches. Roll your fondant very thin and it will fit in decorative hole punches...and you can find the tiny ones at Micheals for a dollar.

Texas_Rose you are a genius!!! I have been searching high and low for a small flower cutter and can't find any around me, but I have a bunch of those scrapbooking cutters. I am so excited to try that now!!! Do you know if you can do the same with chocolate clay?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%