How Do I - Get My Cake Out Of The Pan!

Decorating By idcakegirl Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 6:20am by idcakegirl

idcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idcakegirl Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:00am
post #1 of 11

I am having serious issues with taking my cakes out of the pan without them falling apart. As of now I spray my pan with PAM, dust it with flour, and then put in my batter. I bake the cake, allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes, run a knife around the edge, then try to shake it loose. It always ends up sticking to the bottom of the pan! icon_cry.gif

I was thinking of cutting out parchment paper the same size as the bottom of the pan and spraying it with PAM and proceeding as usual.

Has anyone done this before or have any other way to get the cake out?

TIA!

10 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 10:58am
post #2 of 11

Hi, I always line my tins, not only the bottom but sides as well. First grease the tin and then line with baking parchment. When the cake comes out form the oven, leave it for 10-15 minutes and then take the parchment papers from the sides and then turn the cake on to a cooling rack.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 11:40am
post #3 of 11

I line the bottoms only (parchment. i don't even grease). I let the cakes cool in the pan, and most of the time stick them in the fridge in the pan. I then run a small knife around the perimeter and flip them over. never had a problem.

I line the sides of 4" rounds with parchment, but not the other sizes.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 11

Try putting the pan back in the oven for a minute or 2, this will heat up the bottom so it will release easier.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 11

I always spray with baker's joy which has flour and that does the trick!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 11

Lots of people use the parchment paper, so that will be a good tool for you to use.

I won't use a spray anything. The cakes gets crusty on the sides, and I have problems in general.

I grease-only, no flour (haven't floured pans in 30 years). *IF* I have a cake that wants to stick in the pan, believe it or not, I take a big spoon or a big knife and pound the pan (pan is upside down on the cooling rack ... BAM BAM BAM with the big spoon on the bottom of the pan ... cakes loosens up and pops right out.)

My cakes are out of the pan within 2 minutes of coming out of the oven.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 11

*visual image of Indydebi whacking cake pans*

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 11

It's a great stress reliever! icon_biggrin.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 4:35pm
post #9 of 11

I use the wilton cake release (liquid not the spray). I also take my cakes out of the pans within a few minutes of coming out of the oven. On my rectangular cakes, squares and large rounds I use parchment to line the pans. I hardly ever have sticking issues.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:29am
post #10 of 11

Try coating your pans with equal parts of oil, shortening and flour. Mix it will until incorporated and brush it into your pan. I also use parchment or wax paper cut into circles for the bottom of the pan.

idcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idcakegirl Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:20am
post #11 of 11

Thank you so much for responding! Today I used the parchment paper and it worked like a charm!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%