Where Can I Get A Printer And Edible Ink?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 26 Jul 2009 , 1:17am by icingimages

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 12

I am looking to buy a printer and ink for cakes. Where is the best place?

11 replies
crnadeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnadeau Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 12

I got a canon printer brand new from ebay for $40 and then got edible ink from kopykake.com

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:07am
post #3 of 12

i got my printer from office max. epsonnx400 for 70 dollars.. got frosting sheets and ink from kopykake. i read couple thread on this site for 6 mo. before i decided. have used it several times. and love it.. going to use it again in august to help make pink pirate party theme cake.. one of the threads is titled. edible ink printer... which one? i type it in on my own home page.. click search.. and it always comes up.. can,t find it when i try to find it on c/c.. i took notes for months . then got one.. so try that and see if you can bring it up. when i do it .. it always comes to this site..

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 5:25am
post #4 of 12

I got mine on ebay brand new cannon for $20.00 and the ink from icingimages.com

MissShon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissShon Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnadeau

I got a canon printer brand new from ebay for $40 and then got edible ink from kopykake.com

I ALSO PURCHASED MY PRINTER FROM OFFICE MAX AND I GOT MY INK FROM KOPYKAKE.

MY ISSUE IS I USED THE EDIBLE WAFER PAPER BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO SOFTEN UP ON MY CAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

SHON

crnadeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnadeau Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:43am
post #6 of 12

I haven't used the wafer paper but was going to give it a try unless it really doesn't melt into the icing. I got icing sheets from Sam's Club (from kopykake) and they melt into the icing really nicely and cuts with no problems.

MissShon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissShon Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #7 of 12
Quote:

I haven't used the wafer paper but was going to give it a try unless it really doesn't melt into the icing. I got icing sheets from Sam's Club (from kopykake) and they melt into the icing really nicely and cuts with no problems.

DOES SAMS SELL THEM OR DID U HAVE TO CONVIENCE THE PEOPLE IN THE BAKE SHOP TO SELL U A FEW SHEETS? I HAD THE HARDEST TIME TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT PAPER. SO WAS I SUPPOSE TO LEAVE IT ON THE CAKE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE SERVING?

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

i got my printer from office max. epsonnx400 for 70 dollars.. got frosting sheets and ink from kopykake. i read couple thread on this site for 6 mo. before i decided. have used it several times. and love it.. going to use it again in august to help make pink pirate party theme cake.. one of the threads is titled. edible ink printer... which one? i type it in on my own home page.. click search.. and it always comes up.. can,t find it when i try to find it on c/c.. i took notes for months . then got one.. so try that and see if you can bring it up. when i do it .. it always comes to this site..

I think this is the link you were referring to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-617044-edible.html+image+printer.

HTH's icon_smile.gif

chryscrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chryscrazy Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:56am
post #9 of 12

I just want to make sure I am understanding this. You can buy the food coloring ink and the wafer paper and use a regular printer? It doesn't have to be the kopykake or something marketed just for edible images?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 4:28am
post #10 of 12

those of you that have the epson nx400, all in one, can it be used without a computer? id like one that is free standing and not connected to a computer.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:14am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShon

Quote:

MY ISSUE IS I USED THE EDIBLE WAFER PAPER BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO SOFTEN UP ON MY CAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

SHON

You need more moisture in your frosting. Either moisten up your recipe or spray the frosted cake with a mist of water prior to applying your image.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:17am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShon

Quote:

SHON

You need more moisture in your frosting. Either moisten up your recipe or spray the frosted cake with a mist of water prior to applying your image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%