Science Themed Cake??

Decorating By Tashablueyes Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm by Tashablueyes

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

We're having a science themed party for my daughter's 8th birthday and we'll be doing fun experiments and stuff. The thing is, I have great ideas for everything but the cake! She just wants a sheet cake carved into a beaker, but that just seems so boring!

Anyone have any really creative thoughts on it?

Thanks!!!!

5 replies
alisssssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisssssa Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 6

You could always stack cakes and carve them into a beaker! But hey why complain when she wants something easy icon_smile.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with stacking round cakes into a beaker form - and geesh - she only wants a sheet cake? Maybe she's being really kind and wanting to give mom a day off, but I can definetly see where you want to give a spectacular cake.

One idea - make the cake bubble. Mix lemon juice and jello (any color) and put in a shot glass. Drop the shot glass into the cake (carve out a small portion just for this) and carefully pour vinegar over it. The cake will bubble up, just like a real beaker!

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 6:39am
post #4 of 6

Did a google search for "science cake" and there a quite a few fun ones, including this one from the CC gallery: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1175937

Tashablueyes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 6

How funny, I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just do a tall carved beaker? And I am LOVING the bubbling idea! You guys rock as usual! I was already planning on coloring the cake inside kind of tie-dyed swirling looking, so bubbling up would be even cooler!.

Tashablueyes Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 6

How funny, I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just do a tall carved beaker? And I am LOVING the bubbling idea! You guys rock as usual! I was already planning on coloring the cake inside kind of tie-dyed swirling looking, so bubbling up would be even cooler!.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%