Debbie Brown's Enchanted Cakes

Decorating By rcsnickers2 Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 3:59am by rcsnickers2

rcsnickers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcsnickers2 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 3

I am wanting to make a cake from Debbie Brown's "Enchanted Cakes for Children." It is the teapot on the side with some pixie people. My question is... she says that she uses a 10 inch ball pan. Okay, not sure 10 inches exactly and I don't have the book to look at right now. But I saw the ball pan at Michael's yesterday and it seems really really small. I know from making the Sunken Treasure cake her instructions made a small cake too. We used her instructions to parts but made a bigger non sunken pirate ship for my son's birthday. Is there even a 10inch ball pan?

So how many people does the ball cake feed? Could I bake a 8 in round and a quart bowl on top to make the teapot on its side?

Am I making sense?

Thanks.

Letisha

2 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 3

I made the same cake and simply baked it in a 8" bowl. I don't think you have to tie yourself into specifics. My 8" cake fed about 10 people. You can bake larger if you need to feed more. It's more or less the semantics of how to finish it that will be what you need. As you can see... I simply used her design as a guideline and added my own touches to personalize it to the girl for whom I made it.

Hope that helps!
[url]
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1083493[/url]

rcsnickers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcsnickers2 Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:59am
post #3 of 3

Wow! You did an excelent job! Thanks for the tip. I do need it to feed more than 12 people! I will just use a bigger bowl to do it!

Thanks for the inspiration and help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%