My First Wedding And It Actually Went Well!!

Decorating By three_sets_of_twins Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:21am by cylstrial

three_sets_of_twins Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 10

YAY! Im so proud!
I had a bride order that cupcake tower (in my photos) and 350 strawberry grooms/brides.
I worked 2 days straight with no sleep, with my assitant 3 hours on one day and 9 hours on the day of.
Well delivery went ok but we had to use 2 cars, we got in and lots of kids were running around and excited about the cupcakes. Everyone was very friendly but the room wasnt as cool as it should have been. took us a little over an hour to set up and decorate according to bride's request. everything went good but a few of the frosting flowers started to slide off the cupcakes. we fixed them but got out of there quick lol.
I assumed we would be setting up in the dining room, but they wanted our display to be the first thing the guests see when they walk in! (again, in the middle east (im american tho) cupcakes and cakes are unusual and "special"). What a great feeling when things go well! thank god I hired an assistant or I NEVER would have been able to have this order ready on my own. They really liked it and thry were all taking pictures. I'm so happy! Again i know im NOTHING compared to you guys, I really am an ameature when it comes to cakes but I really like how this turned out and im so happy! Just had to share! thank you CCers for all your wonderful threatds and advice! I learned a lot!!

9 replies
cutthecake Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 10

Congratulations! Glad all went well. Yur cupcakes look great!

cylstrial Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 10

I love you cupcakes! They turned out beautifully. Don't you feel good after having completed the first wedding?

jaybug Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 10

Congrats on a job well done. Your cupcakes look great! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 10

So how did you attach the cupcakes to the cone? Did you use icing? Or have little mini dowels sticking out?

sari66 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:53am
post #6 of 10

Your cuppies are terrific! Love the cone style

l

Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #7 of 10

Congrats. Keep up the good work.

cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

So how did you attach the cupcakes to the cone? Did you use icing? Or have little mini dowels sticking out?

So does anyone know how the cupcake cone was done? I thought it was awesome, I'm just not sure how the cupcakes were attached!

Thanks!

erinalicia Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:40pm
post #9 of 10

you attach them the same way you would with any other cupcake bouquet. I use bamboo skewers for regular size cupcakes and toothpicks for mini's.

http://fancyflours.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/red-white-and-blue-cupcake-tower-2/

The link above is one that the OP posted in another thread. I think it looks really neat, I'd love to try it sometime. I bet flowers and greenery would look pretty mixed in between the cupcakes too.

cylstrial Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #10 of 10

Thanks Erina! I appreciate it!! I have that site bookmarked, but I just hadn't visited it in a while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%