Just Finished My Website

Business By sarand Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm by cylstrial

sarand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarand Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 10:07am
post #1 of 7

Hi All,

I have just finished my website... If you get chance please cah you have a look for me and let me know what you think... I would be very grateful.

www.sweetcreationsbysarah.co.uk

I have not really advertised yet so prices are not included, though I will hope to add these soon. I have been thinking about adding a 'how to page' for my models and wire toppers what do you think?

please let me know if you think i should add anything else

Hope you like it

Sarah xx

6 replies
suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:22am
post #2 of 7

Very nice! Your work is gorgeous!

Susan

rugonna_eat_that Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rugonna_eat_that Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:25am
post #3 of 7

Hi Sarah,

Bravo! The brilliance of your web site is lots of photos showing your talent and very little chatter. I'm a graphic designer by trade and worked for many years for a marketing firm and I've seen some proposed web sites that prattled on unmercifully.

Suggestions: Your site subtitle suggests that what you do is cake toppers but the first several galleries are devoted to cakes. On your Home page it is not until the third paragraph that you mention designing cakes so I was a bit cofused as to whether you created cakes or just the toppers.

You might want to change your subheading to say something that indicates that you do design cakes and specialize in cake toppers to avoid that confsuion.

Also, the paragraph where you discuss the cake you have made for family and friends suggests that most of your experience is as an amature decorator. While this might or might not be the case, the photos say "talented professional" and there is no need to suggest otherwise by saying the cake were done for friends and relatives.

Finally, you probably want to provide an email address and/or telephone number. Your Contact page has a form that indicates that if I use it to contact you I will be added to a list. In my mind and in the minds of site visitors this means I am committing myself to lots of unwanted email or telephone solicitations. Site visitors will frequently decide not to contact you because this commitment is more than they want at that moment.

However, if they have an email address and can send a message or ring you up with questions, without being added to a list, they are more likely to make that first contact. The fact that sending an email or caller ID provides you with the same information as the form, is not as intimidating to potential clients as "the list".

While providing this information yourself will put you at risk of unwanted email and telephone solicitations, that is part of the price of doing business.

Again, beautiful work, beautiful site. Best wishes for your succcess.

sarand Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 7

thank you so much for your replies... I am very grateful and totally made up with your comments. I should have explained that I am just getting my kitchen checked out so that I can 'officially' make and sell cakes from my home...

So I have had to be careful on how I word my website... Once I have this I will be changing everything to try and sell the cakes lol Fingers crossed it all goes well...

I have just changed my 'contacts' page and this does look so much better... Wow I am so excited...

Thank you so much, it is nice to get someone else to look at it... I just need to work out now how to push it to the top of a google search... But hey one thing at a time...

Thanks again a very happy Sarah icon_smile.gif
x

sarand Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 7

thank you so much for your replies... I am very grateful and totally made up with your comments. I should have explained that I am just getting my kitchen checked out so that I can 'officially' make and sell cakes from my home...

So I have had to be careful on how I word my website... Once I have this I will be changing everything to try and sell the cakes lol Fingers crossed it all goes well...

I have just changed my 'contacts' page and this does look so much better... Wow I am so excited...

Thank you so much, it is nice to get someone else to look at it... I just need to work out now how to push it to the top of a google search... But hey one thing at a time...

Thanks again a very happy Sarah icon_smile.gif
x

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 7

Your work is wonderful - I ADORE your Dennis the Menace - he's spot on, and Gnasher too!! (feeling homesick - I grew up on The Beano!)

Nice site!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 7

Your site looks great. I think once you get every ready and put your prices up and your flavors that it will be ready. Those are important things that people want to see. Your cakes are gorgeous. I love the one with the little pig driving the car. Too cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%