leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 25

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

24 replies
leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:41am
post #2 of 25

Two wedding cakes for tomorrow, one basically finished, must make ribbons for the other one.

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 25

Topsy Turvy for Sunday am. 2 nd to last cake in the oven now. 1st attempt at TT - and I'm scared!!!!

percussiongrrl Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 25

I'm not caking this weekendicon_sad.gif The bridal shower cake I did last weekend was the last on my list for awhile, no family cake events coming up! That being said, I'm trying to work up the nerve to try a fondant cake for a family reunion next weekend. I've never totally covered a cake in fondant and it's no-pressure, since I'm just supposed to bring a dessert and it doesn't matter what. If the cake bombs (which it might!) I'll throw a batch of brownies in the oven and all is well.

leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 25

Come on lurkers! Chime in!!

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #6 of 25

Trying to watch a Sugarshack DVD, and cannot find the dang remote anywhere! Grrrrr....toddler! But....he learned to give KISSES today! Made my millennium, I tell ya'!

Lenette Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #7 of 25

I'm up! Of course I will be for a while. I accept that it will be late Friday nights for me until the kiddos go back to school.

Anywhoo, bday cake for tomorrow is 90% done, just need to decorate the smash cakes. Anniversary cake is iced and chilling so I can stack.

I was starting on the wedding cake and decided I need another batch of bc so I am making that now. Just thought I would check in here.

I'm not doing too shabby for this time of night! icon_biggrin.gif

korensmommy Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:23am
post #8 of 25

I'm here!

Making a 2 tiered shower cake for one of my good friends with her help that matches her invitations. It's moss green with a soft brown border. She made a birds nest for the top and branches for the sides out of chocolate and I made some speckled eggs for the nest.

I also have 2 simple 9" rounds for Sunday (Elmo & Star Wars) for a repeat customer. She rescheduled the birthday party for her 2 sons for a day I would be available to make her cakes!! What a wonderful compliment!

pieceacake830 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:23am
post #9 of 25

I have 3 cakes this weekend.. The first one is a BBQ cake that looks so real that you can practically smell the burgers on the grill! The second one is a big firetruck for a fire company's bbq/clam bake, which brings me to the 3rd cake.... a plate of steamed clams, with a dish of melted butter, sitting on a plate made out of gumpaste, on a checkered tablecloth that is covering a sheetcake under it...

sleep??? whats that?? icon_eek.gif

auntbeesbaking Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:32am
post #10 of 25

I don't have baking to do tonight but wanted to check in with the club; I look forward to Friday Night Club news! icon_smile.gif Probably because I'm so awed what you gals do and how much you do! I'm all the time telling my husband how amazing you people are. Gosh, if I could only have the talent some of you have in your big toe, I would think I'm in heaven! icon_rolleyes.gif

I am gearing up for this week for orders of cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip cookies and a batism cake. I'm trying to find some ideas for the baptism cake, probably for ?50-60 people?? My friend got married last year to someone who's never been married (they're both in their 40's) and just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago...he's perfect! thumbs_up.gif I've not done a tiered cake other than for 2 weddings but I thought it might be something new and different. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not looking for animals on the top or booties, I wanted it more "religious" than that.

Thank you for letting me drop in! I wish you all "smooth sailing" decorating tonight and joy-filled hearts as you finish!

Justbeck101 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:33am
post #11 of 25

One wedding cake for tomorrow. It's half way iced....my shoulders are killing me tonight, so it's going to take me forever. But, after the icing is on its easy peasy!

leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:34am
post #12 of 25

Wow! You guys have got some creative cakes working tonight! Makes my scrolls and pearls seem pretty mundane.

aligotmatt Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #13 of 25

I have this daisy cake I just finished, I'm cleaning up now, well took a break from cleaning really.

The bride has this topper http://classifieds.weddingbee.com/topic/fs-martha-stewart-daisy-wedding-items the heart daisy...

She bought 2. In case something happened to the first one that she gave me!

At the consult, we designed her cake and all, and then she was like, well, do you think you could make a better topper? Oh if my thoughts could be heard... But she already told me she bought *2* because she liked it SO much. How can I really compare?

kaseyrconnect Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #14 of 25

working on a baptism cake for a gal i do daycare for. nothing real elaborate just a book cake with a cross on one side and the message on the other and some buttercream roses
i'm still in the process of learning from all you other cakers
my cakes have always been just box mixes straight up with buttercream icing and the only flowers i ever learned how to make were roses
when i first found this site i realized there is a whole new world out there
i think this is the best

Suzycakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:33am
post #15 of 25

I'm here = running behind as usual!! and now I see they are shutting us down for a time tonight too!

I only have 1 4-tier wedding cake - square, with real ribbon and pearl border - super simple -- then a grooms cake made to look something like a mountain with a bike trail coming 'round it and hopefully the silly gumpaste bike I made this week - if it will hold together (GRRR!) will sit on the trail - groom does mountain biking!

Suze

newnancy Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:37am
post #16 of 25

Just wanted to say HI & good luck with all everybody is doing tonight, sounds like a lot of work yet to go. Since CC is going down shortly I guess I might as well go to bed. Have a good night.

patticakesnc Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:37am
post #17 of 25

Just two cakes for tomorrow. No decorating though. Doing a German chocolate cake and a Carrot cake. Everything I have in me not to tear into them. They are cooling and smell SOOOO good!

LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:56am
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceacake830

I have 3 cakes this weekend.. The first one is a BBQ cake that looks so real that you can practically smell the burgers on the grill! The second one is a big firetruck for a fire company's bbq/clam bake, which brings me to the 3rd cake.... a plate of steamed clams, with a dish of melted butter, sitting on a plate made out of gumpaste, on a checkered tablecloth that is covering a sheetcake under it...

Ooh, don't forget to post the pics! Looking forward to seeing them!

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:56am
post #19 of 25

Hi everyone, tonite I am finishing a 3 tier birthday cake inspired by a cake made by the pinkcakebox for a friend's daughter who is turning one. It has fondant flowers in 3 sizes, polka dots and fondant ribbon all done in white, 2 shades of pink and apple green. I hope I am not up late tonite!!

Happy caking to all.

LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:57am
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceacake830

Ooh, don't forget to post the pics! Looking forward to seeing them!

all4cake Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:02am
post #21 of 25

I just finished http://cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/52155/normal_July_17th_2009_117.JPG

I now need to start on the large version of it. Going for a smoke break!

KoryAK Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #22 of 25

Aaah hello friends! Been too busy to be on much lately! I had one wedding today and now am working on 3 for tomorrow (two 3 tiers and one 4 tier with sugar work) and 5ish party cakes - but one of those is a 3 tier monster for 150 that is water and music, record player, and boat if that makes sense. Whew! I'm tired already!

all4cake Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:37am
post #23 of 25

KoryAK, no dang wonder you ain't been on...that's a lot of cakes!

djs328 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:39am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

I also have 2 simple 9" rounds for Sunday (Elmo & Star Wars) for a repeat customer. She rescheduled the birthday party for her 2 sons for a day I would be available to make her cakes!! What a wonderful compliment!

That is a great compliment! Your cakes must taste great (as well as looking great!) It makes me feel great when someone does that... icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

pieceacake830 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #25 of 25

I'm gonna try to post the pictures from this weekends cakes... having trouble with it, so if it doesnt work, look in my pictures....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%