Need Help Looking For These Particular Cakes

Decorating By Rylan Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 2:55pm by BeeBoos-8599_

Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #1 of 13

I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember where. It was a collection of a woodsy/garden/earthy theme cakes. It had like tree painting on sides while some of the cakes has lines. The colors were white, brown and a few touches of red. Some of the cakes had really sharp edges and some seems to have excess fondant that ruffles on top. In the picture that I saw, the collection was sitting in a window display. Do you know which cake collection I am talking about?

12 replies
Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 13

Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 13

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 13

I am sorry I have not seen them. Have you tried a google search? I wanted to reply so that you can move back up (dont want to use the "B" word lol).

Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks for the "B" word BeeBoos-8599_. I did try to search it on Google but I had no luck. I've already spent days looking for it. Hopefully I find it soon.

jonahsmom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 13

I dream of cake?

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but thought I'd give it a shot!

jonahsmom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 13
Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 13

Jonahsmom, oh my gosh you pictured it right! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! The cake infront looks exactly like that but in different color. The one I saw also had other cakes with the same theme as well. As far as I recall, I think the cakes were from a shop in San Francisco and by looking at the reflection of the buildings in the window, it looks very San Francisco. THANKS once again.

Do you recall similar cakes done in the same exact style? It was a collection of 5 or so and it also had those moss like things in the background.

jonahsmom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 13

Dude, I just took a shot in the dark on google images! I think I typed in something like "cake window display" and this was one that came up. But now that I have more info, I'll keep looking. I love looking for cakes and I'm not doing ANYTHING but sitting on my lazy butt today. Might as well have a peek at the "interweb!"

Rylan Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 13

Are you kidding me? I spent all night the other day googling for images until I got so tired. Thanks for the help. You are my savior!

Btw, I try to google it with your word suggestion and oh my I found one of the cakes:

It was a different color though. Thanks! Love ya!

jonahsmom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 13

Okay, so now that my eyes are bugging out I better call it quits on the cake hunt. I did find another pic, but I'm thinking it's the same color as the cake you found.

Rylan Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #12 of 13

Thanks again. Yes those I remember those 2 cakes infront were the ones I saw. Maybe it really wasn't dark brown. It is not exactly the picture but those cakes were the one I am looking for. THANKS AGAIN!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 13

Sometimes the internet can do good things! I was going to suggest trying to figure out what the name of the store across the street was then attempting to contact them and ask for the name of the bakery you are looking at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%