I Need Help From Bakers Regarding Ovens!!

Business By Lisa540 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:48am by jenmat

Lisa540 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa540 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 5

So, I am starting my business plan for opening a cake shop. I need help finding the type and size of oven that will be needed. To say that I am overwhelmed on this is an understatement! LOL I don't need anything too big. This shop will be very small to begin with. However, I do want it to grow with me. I am looking on Craigslist for my kitchen items. Can someone out there give me any tips?? Please icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you!!!

4 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 5

I bought a Deluxe oven. It was new, spent about $3K-$4K, that was 3 or so years ago. You can look them up at Deluxeovens.com. It has 3 racks, I can fit quite a bit in there.

I had heard good things about the brand plus the city didn't require me to have a hood with this type of oven which saved a ton of money.

I did find some other stuff on ebay. The frig and work tables, new and at a good price. HTH a little and good luck to you! icon_smile.gif

Lisa540 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa540 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 5

Lenette, that did help! Thank you! I am sure I will be back asking more questions.

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 5

I am wondering the same thing and wondering where you can find prices for the Deluxe ovens ... I dont see any on their site and google isnt being friendly to me .... also anyones thoughts on Vulcan????

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:48am
post #5 of 5

i used a local kitchen supply shop. I bought an Imperial oven with 5 racks for $3,500. It was a steal in my book. Look around for restaurant supply companies in the area before doing all your research on the internet. We found some great deals with our supplier, and they delivered and set it up for us. They can also find used items too. It sometimes helps in the whole process since it can be overwhelming. Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%