I Have A Recipe Request!

Baking By Babarooskie Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm by rosamatsas

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 3

Hi cake lovers, I need your help.

Does anyone have a Chocolate Mud Recipe cake (from a mix) that you can share with me??

Thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 3

I found this on Cooks.com; I thought that yuo could just use a chocolate cake mix instead of making that part of the recipe.

CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE

1 c. butter, softened
2 c. granulated sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa

ICING:

1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
3 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
4-5 tbsp. milk
1/2 c. chopped pecans

For the cake: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine flour and cocoa; fold into batter. Spread batter in a 13 x 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray; bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
For the icing: In a medium bowl, combine cocoa and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter and enough milk to make a thick glaze; spread over the warm cake. Sprinkle with pecans and cool completely.

rosamatsas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosamatsas Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 3

I have a about the mud cake. having never made one before, i wonder about its consistency. will it hold up to carving? Is is a dense cake or airy? I want to use a mud cake recipes for a chocolate lover. The cake will be of a basketball - a full sphere. Will the mud cake hold up?
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%