Royal Icing Transfer Help!!!

Decorating By tiffanynemec Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 3:12pm by cake-angel

tiffanynemec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanynemec Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 2

I need help with doing a royal icing transfer because I obviously did something wrong!!! I read that it was just like doing a FBCT so I did it just like that except without putting it in the freezer. This transfer was supposed to stand up so I didnt go back after I was dont and cover my outline but I did spread more icing on the back of it so that it was thick and all together. I let it dry for 24 hours and when I went to pull it off my ziploc bag it was wet on the bag. The back was rock hard so I thought it was ready but when I pulled it off the front was not. Did I not leave it sit long enough? Did I make it to thick when I added all the extra icing? Please Help!!!

1 reply
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 2

When you do something like that in royal icing it can take a while to dry all the way through. The top will crust and dry long before the bottom. Many things like this can take closer to 48 hours to dry -- longer if you live in humid conditions. Also try to use waxed paper or parchment to pipe your transfer onto as plastic seals in moisture and can make your piece take even longer to dry. If you were able to take your piece off of the ziploc without breaking it you can let it dry bottom side up for a while to speed drying the underside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%