How Long Can A Ganache Cake Sit Out?

Decorating By luminajd Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 7:44am by chocolatestone

luminajd Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 7:16am
post #1 of 3

Sorry, I have read all ganache info I can find
I ganached my cake Thurs evening and plan on putting on fondant Fri for a Fri night party. If it isnt all eaten Fri night, will it have been out of the fridge too long? Will it buy me more time if I put it in the fridge Fri before I put on the fondant?

2 replies
Rylan Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 7:38am
post #2 of 3

I believe ganache can sit in room temp (air conditioned). I usually refrigerate my ganache covered cakes.

chocolatestone Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 7:44am
post #3 of 3

I use ganache a lot in my desserts and normally if the weather is warm I will keep it out 3 days maximum but if the weather is cooler I will keep it out 5 days max. I haven't had any problems with the ganache spoiling. Maybe you could keep it longer but I haven't so I wouldn't know. I wouldn't put the cake in the fridge before covering it with fondant. It's best to cover it at room temperature cause condensation can have a bad effect on the fondant. I once covered a cake cold. It looked good and then two hours later I found a big bulge in the cake which eventually burst leaving a big hole in the fondant. If you do refrigerate the cake I would suggest bringing it to room temp first before covering it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%