Swiss Meringue ??'s

Decorating By korkyo Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 12:15pm by drakegore

korkyo Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 7

I have some SMBC that was wonderful when I made it but now when it comes back to room temp. it just falls flat.

Can this be rescued and what's the trick to doing that? I tried to remix some of it and all I got was lumpy butter.

Does it matter which recipe I use as to weather or not it can be rewhipped?

6 replies
PinkZiab Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:16am
post #2 of 7

you can absolutely rewhip it. After letting it come to room temp, put it on your stand mixer and beat the HELL out of it with the paddle... like seriously just leave it there. If it's still a little cold and looking curdled. hit the bottom of the bowl with a torch, or "hug" the bottom of the bowl with a kitchen towel soaked with hot water (and wrung out) to slightly warm it and it'll come together.

__Jamie__ Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:33am
post #3 of 7

Yes, beat the holy hell out of it. It looks like a science project gone wrong until it comes back together, but once it does, you're good to go!

korkyo Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #4 of 7

Thanks, Now I know. And to think that I threw that batch away.. icon_sad.gif

ceshell Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:36am
post #5 of 7

Oh no! Don't ever throw the stuff away! FYI, if the opposite of what the PP's mentioned happened...i.e. if it turns to soup rather than turning into a clumpy mess, chill it up again before rebeating; your kitchen's too warm. My last 4 batches of IMBC have turned to bad that it was literally splashing out of the mixer. 30 minutes in the fridge fixed that problem. Yeah!

mcaulir Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:14am
post #6 of 7

If I don't have a paddle attachment, can I just use beaters? Have been wanting to try this out.

drakegore Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 7

i was just visiting my mother and i made smbc at her house and all she had was beaters. it took a lot longer, but it DID work icon_smile.gif.
i almost walked away thinking it wasn't going to work, and as usual, POOF!, it finally pulled together and became bc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%