Help With New Decoration Idea!

Decorating By CbyA Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 3:35pm by BeeBoos-8599_

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 12

Hi all! This will be my third consecutive year making the birthday cupcakes for this lady's son and the first year she ordered fish theme cupcakes, the 2nd. year...yes, again, fish theme cupcakes and guess what! this year AGAIN she wants fish theme cuppies!!! I want to make them this year better than the past years and I'm out of ideas icon_smile.gif lol! Please any help will be really useful, thanks girls! thumbs_up.gif
LL

11 replies
CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 12

1st. year
LL

CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 12

1st. year
LL

CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 12

2nd. year
LL

CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 12

2nd. year I'm so sorry for the double posts!
LL

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 12

you could do some that seem to be coming out of the water (half body) or diving in. Or just a head and tail? Are shark fins allowed?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 12

I can see why you're having trouble improving on the last two years...those cupcakes are fantastic!!! I may have to borrow your 2nd year idea for my daughter's class, if you don't mind icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhow, I'm not sure how you can improve on perfection, but maybe to mix things up you could add some sharks or dolphins, or maybe make some white chocolate seashells and put those on some of the cupcakes.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #8 of 12

Your cuppies are ADORABLE!!! How about incorporating a cuppie tower like in this photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artisancakecompany/3361760730/

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 12

Do they have to be fish? or just fish / sea realated?

If they don't have to be fish, what about starfish, seahorses, turtles, sharks, octopus (um, not sure how to make that one plural, doh), crabs?

If she wants fish for sure, then pick a couple of different fish than your previous design and through in a couple from the above for variety.
Try doing a google search for "animated fish pictures"

By the way, your fish are ADORABLE!!!!!

CbyA Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 12

At first I thought to do half body/tail, then modeling some fishes on gumpaste/fondant but I like the idea of 'animated fishes' also, but NOW I think in maybe a mix of everything and that tower idea looks great! A BIG THANK YOU to all of you girls! I knew you will come on with different opinions and I like it! I'll post the pic as soon as I can, again , thank you! CbyA.

Texas_rose feel free to borrow the idea icon_smile.gif
And yes, they have to be fishes....oh well. lol!

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #11 of 12

Your cupcakes are to die for gorgeous! I agree - hard to improve on perfection! I found this video on youtube, which is about pull apart cakes. So one big animal that is made up underneath of cupcakes that the kids get to dismantle! Haven't tried one yet - just an idea!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 3:35pm
post #12 of 12

WOW I think your cuppies are great. I have absolutely no idea what you can do to top these. Best of luck. For your sake I hope the little guy gets some other interests by his 4th birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%