Separate Cake Boards Under Boobs On Booby/torso Cake?

Decorating By KimmyO Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 7:59pm by Texas_Rose

KimmyO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyO Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 3

So I am making a torso bikini cake for this weekend. I baked my boobies last night - too funny I just have to keep saying it.

I'm putting them on a 12 X 18 that I will shape for an hourglass figure. So, do I need to put cake boards under each of the boobies or not. I'm not too worried about the wait of a 1/2 ball cake on the 12 X 18 but for serving it might be easier.

What would you do?

TIA!

2 replies
babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 3

hi there, i wouldnt, they arent that heavy, i would just put some icing inbetween the 2 layers. funny story, for my first belly cake i didnt know they made the small round moulds so what i did was i baked my sheet cake, torted it, baked the belly part out of the sports pan, and for the boobies i cut out 2 holes, and placed cupcakes in them, well they didnt have enough upmph...so i just stacked 2 cupcake tops, iced the cake and then covered it in fondant!!!! there are soo many things i have to learn!!!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 3

I made a 9x13, carved and used the mini wonder mold pan and didn't need boards underneath. They didn't sag at all icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%